1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Brothers resist together, part 1

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by JOEYR, Feb 21, 2019.

1. JOEYR Member

Hello everyone,

yesterday i finally recieved the first part of 75mm Brothers resist together diorama from Semper Fidelis Miniaturas so i thought i could share with you some pictures and my thoughts about this kit.

Here are the pictures:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

PROS / CONS
    (I wont comment on historical accuracy since i am not really that much interested in the subject)

PROS:
    CAST:
    - the casting of these figure is masterful, there are no bubles or discoloration in resin, locator pins are used on every part and different parts fit very well together so the figures can be asembled right out of the box, because there is basically no cleanup needed;
    SCULPT:
    - the figures are masterfuly sculpted;
    - these 75mm figures have virtually same level of detail on them as many 120 mm figures, details are amazingly sharp and in abundance (for example the fabric texture of the cape is clearly visible, the shields are ornated for easier painting and so on) to the point where these figures look almost indistinguishable from the the renderings;
    DESIGN / PRESENTATION:
    - the way these figures are depicted is great, their poses are very dynamic and eyecatching, the figures look very lifelike and subject appropriate (Roman legion in heavy battle) because of this;
    - the kit has a lot of creative potential to be used in larger scale dioramas and it can be easily combined with different figures;
    PRICE:
    - you are efectivelly getting three figures for the price of two;
    CONS:
    CAST, SCULPT and PRICE:
    - nothing;
    DESIGN / PRESENTATION:
    - the face (or facial features) used on all three figures appears to be the same (the facial expression is different), also the body type and height of the figures is very similar;
    CONCLUSION:
    This is a truly amazing release from Semper Fidelis Miniaturas (José Rios López) and it is well worth the wait.
    FINAL VERDICT:
    9,5/10 ALMOST PERFECT

Attached Files:

Blind Pew, T-34/85, fogie and 6 others like this.
  2. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Nice release this series(y) ...Just one comment, Please do not add sculpted relieve on the shield, this limited us who does not want to have this pattern...
    DaddyO and grasshopper like this.
  3. JOEYR Member

Hi Debrito!

I can see your point but the thing is that if you dont like the pattern on the shield it is easy to fill it up with a little bit of putty seeing how shallow the lines actually are and than just to sand down any resulting imperfections. On the other hand if you dont want to create your own pattern on the shield it is much harder to actually draw a base pattern on it from scratch.

JOEY
  4. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Interesting, from a comment made during the design phase I was under the impression that the shied wasn't going to have the relief.

Zane
  5. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fully agree with your summary, Joey - the figures are impressive and promise much. (I got mine for Christmas and have been
    admiring and fiddling with them ever since) I received a notification recently that Part 2 is in production as we speak and will
    be available ' dreckly' as we say in my part of the world.
    Nap and JOEYR like this.
  6. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I preferred the shield being pre done. It'll save work later on. I reckon it can easily dealt with as it is not a very heavy relief.
    JOEYR likes this.
  7. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I suppose that the group depicting a specific legion (Legio XIIII Gemina) legitimises its shield pattern being moulded in?

bros.JPG
  8. JOEYR Member

Hi, Zane!
    I think you are right, there wasn't supposed to be a relief on shields. I think José really wanted to include as much detail as he could on the statues.

Thanks, for the comment Fogie! i cant wait for the part two either.

Hi Blind Pew! Exactly my thoughts.

Hi NeilW! Yup, i think so too.
  9. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I really like the guy who's pointing,but as it's all 3 of them i wouldn't be interested.Pity that as it's a favourite of mine.
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ping him a PM Brian and see if he'll sell you one separately. He's on here and IIRC, when this project was first announced you could order the figures individually. He can only say No!

- Steve
    Nap likes this.