1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

BrokenToad

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by BrokenToad, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Bought a set on Saturday thanks to Brian's recommendation, looking forward to receiving them.
  2. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I'm feeling a bit of pressure boys with me recommending these brushes,as if they don't come up to your expectations i might have to change my name from supersnad to crapsnad.
    Can't wait for some feed back from you lads.
    Brian
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. simon42 Member

Israel
    I've ordered a set.
    Looking forward to test them ..
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    I am ordering a set .....start packing Brian ..just incase!!!!!!!...although from what I have seen they look good quality.

Feedback everyone ...

Nap
  5. BrokenToad Active Member

just wanted to thank everyone who purchased any BrokenToad products over the weekend, all your orders were shipped today

i hope you enjoy your items and they bring you plenty of painting happiness :)
  6. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Clearly, Brian has become 'Mr Marmite',... I eagerly await the results. :D:LOL: .......... No pressure then Brian.:whistle:

Mark
  7. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Looking forward to trying them out myself.

Barrie.
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Order received safe and sound.
    Thanks
    John
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Alright Brian, the pressure's on mate. I ordered my brushes from Artisan Quarters last night based entirely on your recommendation. Are you on commission?
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Watching for the postman today ...no pressure Brian ...the entire family cannot eat now !

How come W & N are nearly double the price .....perhaps it might be time to stock up with these at the price ?

Nap
  11. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,
    got some more info on these paintbrushes last night, I will share the info in a seperate thread later :woot:
    Mark D ;)
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Cheers Mark ,

Nothing like keeping us in suspense !...don't tell me they are being made by W & N under licence ....or you get a free choccy bar with every 5 ?????

Still not received my brushes yet they were waiting for an order to arrive ........

Looking forward to seeing what these behave like .

Nap
  13. Graham A Fixture

England
    I think they are made by Rosemary whatsit to a specific design but could be wrong
  14. Nap Moderator

England

Oooooh now that is interesting looking at my a rosemary brushes the handles are thin ........mmmmmm

If they are then based on previous threads where W&N were considered better but now these from BT seem better from the comments posted.

Let's see what Mark says

Nap
  15. Graham A Fixture

England
    I think it is subjective. My Rosemary brushes were, to be brutally honest, rubbish, could have been a bad batch. The bristles splayed within weeks and never kept a point, only one I have left is used for liquid cement now that's what I personally thought of them. The BT do have thin handles, which I like, but after a few weeks abuse, they are still as good as when they arrived.

Better than W&N? I am not qualified to say but they are cheaper and have longer bristles than the W&N 7's that I got (one of which shed some hair when new but is ok now, the other two are ok but little used). I really like them and will use them as my brushes of choice.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  16. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I doubt very much if they are Rosemary's brushes as i've tried them and they didn't last long before the point started splitting .So far these brushes have been hard at work for about 3 weeks and they're as good as new..When i first posted my comments on how good they were ,they were sold out .I've just ordered more and hope to receive them soon.
    Would i let you guys down being a canny Scotsman called Supersnad.What more can i say????????
    Brian
    Graham and napoleonpeart like this.
  17. Wheels PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Just ordered 2 each of the 4 brush sizes.
    This is the push I need to get back to the table.
  18. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

If these are that good and it seems they could be ........I might be putting my Rosemary ones to the base coating pile!

Let's see shall we...what's the trial period you are going for Brian?

Nap
  19. Wheels PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I hate to complain. Especially about my hobby......

Well....I would like to go on record as being unhappy....with Artisan Quarters.
    When purchasing these items, all 4 brushes are noted as "Available".
    So I ordered 2 of each.

AFTERWARDS....I received an email letting me know that one or more of
    my items are on backorder, which may delay the entire order.
    It does not even say which items, how many or give me options.

So I am thinking...maybe I ordered two of something where they had only 1 ????
    Went back to the site. All 4 brushes are still noted as....you guessed it...."Available".

In the modern e-commerce environment, this is a poor business practice.
    At a minimum, I should have been told before I committed my coin.
    Beyond that, the information given is of no practical help.
    Buyers be forewarned.

UPDATE: As noted in next post, Kris was quick to address my issue and clarify the
    situation. He obviously is putting his best foot forward in this endeavor.
  20. BrokenToad Active Member

Hi Wheels

firstly let me apologise for the site, the brushes are in stock as they arrived this morning and i have spent the entire day inspecting, conditioning and packing them ready to fill the orders, some people that placed orders between mid last week and the beginning of this week will of experienced a slight delay due to the unforeseen popularity of the brush, however let me assure you that you are not one of these people and your order will be in the post tomorrow for you

again i am really sorry for the issue on the website, hopefully this had cleared things up for you

if you ever experience an issue with Artisan quarters or BrokenToad please let me know either through Artisan Quarters or at info@brokentoad.co.uk and ill do everything i can to resolve it instantly for you

Best Regards
    Kris
    DEL, Mark Dollery, Tommys War and 3 others like this.