1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

BrokenToad

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by BrokenToad, Jul 5, 2014.

1. BrokenToad Active Member

[IMG]

[IMG]

BrokenToad brushes are available in sizes 2,1,0 & 3/0 currently, each one is individually handmade from pure 100% male Kolinsky sable (Mustela Sibirica) hair by brush makers with 30 years’ experience in the artist brush making industry. All the hair for our brushes is ethically sourced, fitted into cupronickel ferrules and presented on varnished Birch wood handles which come from a sustainable forest in Germany. The brush head features an ample belly, capable of holding a decent amount of paint, which tapers to a very fine point allowing the paint to flow precisely and accurately onto the model. With its natural conical shape and excellent snap we feel that handmade Kolinsky sable hair brushes are the best choice for model painters.

[IMG]

Currently we have 20 pigments in our range spanning a wide array of colours to help simulates multiple naturally occurring effects, these are all completely non-toxic, very finely ground natural mineral pigments suitable for either dusting straight onto a model or mixing with any liquid medium such as glaze medium, varnish, white spirit, acrylic resin or Isopropyl alcohol. All the pigments come in short, wide 30ml pots

[IMG]

purchasing information is available on our website at www.brokentoad.co.uk
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Don't worry Derek no toads were harmed in the making of any of these products.
    I'll definitely be taking a closer look at these as I'm due some new brushes.

Roger
    ghamilt1, Wings5797 and Graham like this.
  4. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Got 4 of them and i swear by them.
    Brian
    MalcC and Graham like this.
  5. Graham A Fixture

England
    I love them too, in fact, working with them now to re paint my Axe Faction miniature that I did complete but was not happy with. I will be ordering a second set.
    MalcC likes this.
  6. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Does Del's .:nailbiting: ..mean that he is buying something unknown and taking a risk !! ;) 'Wonders never cease!

Mark
    Graham likes this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Reckon these might be worth trying as an option?

Anyone tried the pigment ?

Thanks for sharing ...and WELCOME. to PF

Nap
  8. BrokenToad Active Member

thanks for all the responses guys

the brushes have been reviewed in Figure Painter Magazine issue 14 and the pigments were reviewed by Roman Lappat over on the Massive Voodoo blog
    if you search this forum for 'BrokenToad' you should find both links no problem
    Mark Dollery and napoleonpeart like this.
  9. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    The :nailbiting: was in anticipation of the inevitable sable debate :dead:
    No risk ..... comes highly recommended by someone who knows what he's talking about (y)
    billyturnip likes this.
  10. Ray Welshman Active Member

Cost perspective how does these brushes compare to W/N Series 7 or Da Vinci?

Cheers

Ray

I answered my own question a lot cheaper :)

Any distributors in North America ?
  11. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    The only thing that Derek would buy unseen is something i would recommend as he knows,or think he knows that i would never give him a bum steer.LOL
    Brian
  12. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    At last Brian have I finally got through to you ....... I've said it before and I'll say it again ..... I have no interest in Country Boy practises involving the hin end of any farm animal.
  13. BrokenToad Active Member

no US distributors as of yet Ray but if you go to www.artisan-quarters.com they will ship them to the US pretty cheaply
    John Bowery likes this.
  14. lopee Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Tips of the brushes should be good for acrylics I think.

Martin
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  15. MalcC A Fixture

England
    I'm with Nap worth giving them a go, especially as Brian has given them the thumbs up.

Malc
  16. Nap Moderator

England

Your right Malc if the god like figure of Brian says thumbs up then they are worth a go ...will be ordering some soon

Nap
    DEL likes this.
  17. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    I just ordered some to try.
    Thanks,
    John
  18. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    There's a one-eyed yellow idol who's been known to catch a ewe ............
  19. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Don't knock it until you try it Derek you city slicker.
    Brian
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  20. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Just ordered some as well. You can get a set of four for about the price of one W/N series 7. Artisan-quarters has some other nice stuff on their site too:)
    Tom