1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Broken Reins on 54mm horse

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by mrmstwk, Nov 4, 2014.

?

Glue broken parts

How to glue 0 vote(s) 0.0%
How to fix broken 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mrmstwk New Member

United-States
    I have a broken rein on a 54mm horse and need to glue it together. I have tried super glue and it wont stick. Any help to get it to stick and also to make it stronger so it wont bend. Thanks in advance.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    have that more then once. So i remove the reins and do them over with isolation tape. (Bill Horan way). Benefit: it looks far better.

Marc
  3. polyphemus Well-Known Member

If you can source some I would use a strip of sheet pewter cut to the width of the original cast reins & either use that as a reinforcing backing to the cast reins or as a replacement adding the buckle sections from the castings.

Geoff
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    That's the way to do it (y) also good for straps and belts.
    I usually fold the tape, bringing both sticky sides together (never had them coming apart yet) Then cut to width and length with a very sharp blade, fit and paint as normal.
    If you only want to use a single thickness then you can remove the adhesive with WD40 (de-greaser / lubricant spray) and I've heard that Mayonaise works (disclaimer ;))
    Cheers
    Derek
  5. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I dont know what WD40 is, but Petrol also does the trick.

If you still want to use the kit part, what material are we talking about here?

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  6. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nimix makes a brass etch set of reins if you want to go that route.
  7. mrmstwk New Member

United-States
    Thank you all for your help, question what is isolation tape?
  8. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think Marc (Megroot) means insulation tape (electrical tape)
  9. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    images.jpg

Cheap as chips - empty it, cut it open, clean it out. Lots of lovely bendy foil to make straps and reins.

You can also knock up a months supply of Spag Bol at the same time :woot: :hungry:

-rich
    Richie and housecarl like this.