1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

British Trench Sections

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Andrew Belsey, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Every impressed with finesse & detail of this work.
    Thanks for sharing each step over on MilMod, helped give me some tips for future projects.

Stay safe
    Mike
    anstontyke likes this.
  2. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Stunning work. If you don't mind i'd like to share these photos on the Operation Nightingale and the Breaking Ground Heritage FB pages. We work with veterans and wounded service personnel on archaeological projects. Some have recently involved WWI, and BGH with Op Nightingale have just won a prestigious award for their work. Thanks again. Stunning work.
    Mike - The Kiwi and anstontyke like this.
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    That P1908 (?) equipment is incredibly well done! Could we see a photo of the other side of the hanging equipment? Are you going to do a set of 1914 equipment for a different trench section?

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

anstontyke and Viking Bob like this.
  4. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic scratch built webbing and like the pose of the 'shaving man'
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks guys.

Pops, I'm happy for this to be shared as long as my name goes with it. I created it to educate.

Dan, Check out my blog on Mil Mod, where you'll find how I made it and see the other side. http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=80609&p=65 I have no plans for another set yet. My priority is to get figures ready for the 5 sections which don't have figures yet and finish the German pillbox.

The shaving guy is going to be the best figure by FAR, because Mike (the Kiwi) has asked whether he can work his magic on him! So watch out for developments.
  6. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I thought I'd give an update on here, although I'm still blogging on Military Modelling. I've been working with Mike Butler, preparing the figure for his wonders in paint. We've agree to make the guy a Kiwi so I've sculpted a lemon squeezer hat for him. He will be shaving, so I've just put the hat in his hand for scale.
    Borek, peedee, anstontyke and 2 others like this.
  7. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    [IMG] [IMG]
    I sculpted it in Magicsculpt and when dry hollowed it out carefully with a Dremmel.
    Borek, alamac, peedee and 2 others like this.
  8. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    [IMG]

Here's the bits which Mike will paint for me (minus the hat which I've just done.)
    m@rp, Borek, alamac and 6 others like this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Andy

One word ...AMAZING

Superb modelling love the cap

Following with interest

Nap
    peedee and anstontyke like this.
  10. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    That's going to be fun project to kick off the new year with Andy :)
  11. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fascinating, engaging, and enlightening ... excellent stuff ! Thank heavens for trench nerds, eh ?
  12. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've also been scratch-building some bits for Mike and myself - ammo boxes, periscopes, etc. Here are a few.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    yeo_64, Borek, Dan Morton and 5 others like this.
  13. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    I'm looking forward to putting these to,use in upcoming projects thanks Andy :)
    Really like your meticulous detailing of can of these little items.
    Stay safe,
    Mike
  14. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I found this photo of Prince Andrew discussing my models today. The exhibition hadn't told me whether he had looked at them or not, but now I know. Anyone wishing to go to the Remembering 1916 exhibition in South Croydon, London has one week (until Easter Sunday) to go until it closes.

I've not made much progress recently and am procrastinating with painting figures as usual.
    Andy B

[IMG]
    Borek, Jaybo and anstontyke like this.
  15. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    These are excellent, what a project the amount of work that has gone into these is incredible and has most certainly paid off, well done and what a tribute to WW1.
    TERRY
    Mike - The Kiwi and anstontyke like this.
  16. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Andrew: Sustained brilliant craftsmanship! I don't think I've ever seen better.

If you change your mind and want to make a set of 1914 field equipment, I'd be glad to provide some references.

All the best,
    Dan
    anstontyke likes this.
  17. Jay-BFG Active Member

United-Kingdom
    After Prince Andrew visited, you better check it's still there ;)
    anstontyke and Andrew Belsey like this.
  18. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I got my models back this week after the exhibition closed. (Prince Andrew didn't run off with the models, although it was one of the points that he stopped at.) They had about 35,000 visitors in the year it was running.

I'm now working on the figures for them, which is easier now I have the bases. For those who are interested, check my Military Modelling blog.
    anstontyke and Scotty like this.
  19. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Each of my sections tells a tale. I've just added Old Bill's PH hood, which I sculpted last year. He's looking down at changes - gas masks and Brodies. He's forgotten to stoop in this part of a shallow trench and is likely to have his brains blown out.

[IMG]
    Borek, Mat Lambert, arj and 3 others like this.
  20. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    [IMG][IMG]

I've been putting in telephone cables into my dugout.
    yeo_64, Borek, Mat Lambert and 4 others like this.