1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book British Tank Crew WWII - Young Miniatures Review

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    YM1835
    "British Tank Crew, WWII
    1/10th scale resin - 6 parts
    Sculpted & painted by Young B. Song

Tank 01.jpg

With trying to catch up on posting my reviews I bring you Young Miniature's May 2012 release of a WWII British Tank Crew cast in 6 resin parts and sculpted and painted by Young himself.

[ continued in next posting ]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States

Tank 02.JPG

Tank 03.JPG

Above you see the traditional black box with layers of foam sandwiching the parts and a color photo of the finished bust on the top of the box.

Tank 04.JPG

Tank 05.JPG

Tank 06.JPG

Tank 07.JPG

Tank 08.JPG

Tank 09.JPG

Above you see various views of the separate cast head.

Tank 9a.JPG

Above is the separate cast collar assembly that fits into the top of the bust prior to locating the head into the top of the collar.

3. Guy A Fixture

United-States

Tank 10.JPG

Tank 11.JPG

Tank 12.JPG

Tank 13.JPG

Tank 14.JPG

Tank 15.JPG

Above are various views of the chest portion of the bust showing the attention to detail Young is famous for.

Tank 16.JPG

Tank 17.JPG

Tank 18.JPG

Tank 19.JPG

Above are the four sides to the separate cast beret.

4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Tank 20.JPG

Above is a separate cast Unit emblem that can be painted and mounted to the front of the wood base supporting the finished bust.

Tank 21.JPG

A traditional bust plinth is also supplied with this kit.

Additional Box Art photos

Painted by
    Young B. Song

Tank 22.jpg

Tank 23.jpg

Tank 24.jpg

Tank 25.jpg

Tank 26.jpg

Tank 27.jpg

Conclusion:
    Another quality kit as we have grown to expect from Young Miniatures. Highly recommended.

Young Miniatures web-site

R541

Joe55, NickM, Tommi and 1 other person like this.
  5. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb,,, and as usual looks stunning in bare resin

Cheers Guy

Stu
  6. Helm A Fixture

England
    I really like this bust. I would love to to do one in memory of my old man,but I'd just do a s**t job and be ashamed :(. On a lighter note I did see the cap badge for the stand and thought "Christ it really is huge" :LOL:

Steve
    housecarl likes this.
  7. Mac1966 Well-Known Member

Italy
    Thank you for the review.

Marco
  8. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    It is beginning to seem that Young heads are alike more because he paints them so than he sculpts them so. What would be ultimately fair is to say that this is a different face, another handsome one. Sometimes though it does feel like things will get incrementally fun with the pointed nose partially chopped.
  9. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for providing this review Guy. Looks like it would be a joy to paint. The Royal Armored Corps beret badge looks a tad oversize to me, but what the heck that detail does not kill it for me as I would still like to get one of these busts. The only thing missing are a couple of grease pencils in his pocket :).

Joe
  10. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    The over-sized badge spoils an otherwise excellent sculpt. Mr Young really ought to take note of our views and re-release the beret with the badge duly amended.