1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP British Para.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Henk, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A nice sculpt from Young, it's a limited edition released at their 15th anniversary. Using it as a bit of a warm up before I get stuck in to the Sgt Ansell figure. Mainly concentrating on he camo, and the webbing, trying out a few things. Pretty happy with it, a few details to tidy up, and the base to sort, and then this one goes in the cabinet.

IMG_20230601_114033_827~2.jpg IMG_20230601_113954_063~2.jpg IMG_20230601_113946_952~2.jpg
    NigelR, Scotty, MCPWilk and 8 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Henk

You've been busy for sure , nice warm up piece , camo looks good

*****PLEASE also SUPPORT the COMPETITIONS of your choice by going to the relevant thread on this link and enjoy ENTERING and VOTING ***

https://www.planetfigure.com/forums/bi-monthly-vignettes-dioramas-competition.196/

also being run is a Vignette & Diorama comp

https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...mpetition-5-end-midnight-bst-31-12-23.519129/

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to seeing more ...very soon !

Happy benchtime

Nap
  3. NRG Active Member

Lovely painting. Great work on the Denison, particularly the seams.
    I always feel that I would like this bust more if he was armed with the Sten mk5, the Airbourne version.
  4. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Kev. The mojo seems to have returned.

Thank you NRG. I decided on a "fresher" smock this time, and did the seams, which are quite bright on a new-ish smock. I like the effect.
    I agree with you regarding the Sten.
    Nap likes this.
  5. marco14 PlanetFigure Supporter

Belgium
    it looks very nice,att the end i put a glaze of burnt umber over the camo and everything blend in
    very smooth,just saying this because im just a newbie ,and don't know much yet ;)
    Mario
    Nap likes this.
  6. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Looking great

Mobo
  7. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Marco. I agree, I usually finish camo with a wash, to pull everything together, but in this case I want to leave a more pronounced contrast, because it's supposed to represents a clean, new-ish smock.

Thank you Mobo.
    Nap and marco14 like this.
  8. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Looking Great, one question and this doesn't distract from this excellent piece, and i have no idea on this really, but would they have left the Para badge in bright silver, just seems like a bullseye for a enemy soldier to aim for, tucked into his smock like that.
  9. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Steve.

You make a good point, the beret is a bit of an "artistic licence", it's not the best place to put it in real life (it would go securely in a pocket) just like the way he's holding the Sten. I will darken the badge a bit, it's one of the things to finish this weekend.
    Steve Brodie likes this.
  10. NRG Active Member

Chin strap to go on?
  11. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Aahhhh. Well spotted young man. I didn't realise I'd forgotten to fix the chinstrap, untill I started clearing the bench for the next project.... :blush: :lol:
    I have, but haven't taken a new photo yet. I'll correct it next weekend when I'm home.
    Nap likes this.