1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

British Para bust

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by stev1eran, Apr 17, 2006.

1. stev1eran Member

Hi guys,
    Here are some pics of my latest project, it is the first time I have done a bust and my first attempt at camouflage.
    Let me know what you think.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. stev1eran Member

The highlights actually look brighter than they are in normal conditions. I still haven't mastered the art of photographing figures :(

Steve
  3. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Looks good so far as I can see. Is it possible to see some larger pictures?
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Click on each image to see an enlargement

Looks great so far.
  5. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Hi,

looks corect to me.

Except I dont like the black lines between each toof.

JP
  6. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Black is too stark for the lining out, otherwise it looks good.I would use a raw umber or olive drab on these base colours.
  7. stev1eran Member

Thanks for the feedback guys,

JP - I know what you mean about the gaps in the teeth, it isnt black lines, i have used a wash of alizaron crimson mixed with violet and a dot of raw sienna. I think i will give them another try.

Dave - I have used thinned burnt umber for the lining out, it does look darker on the photos. I'll try and post some better ones.

Cheers
    Steve
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Steve,
    I think he looks quite nice. I think your colors for the camo are good, and the pattern looks spot-on. With that said, I don't know if your quite done yet, but the camo looks like it could use a bit of "blending". I think if the colors were knocked down a bit in intensity it might give a better impression of being fabric. Some more highlights and shadows on the camo might do the trick. I think the leather straps also need a bit more shadow and highlight. But, If these are not done take my comments for what they are worth. I like your flesh tones and the eyes look really good. Good work!

Jay H.
    OKC
  9. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Hi Steve,

I 'm not sure about dark shadow between teeth.
    If you use dark shadow it will look like unhealthy teeth.
    Look at yours (lol I hope you have nice teeth) there is no dark shadows. Only red on the top (dont know the name) but its the flesh tone added with red.

Well I do a critic but I4ve never painted a bust with an open mouth yet. So that 's why I'm not sure :)

JP
  10. stev1eran Member

Thanks for the constructive criticsm guys,
    JP I have taken your advice and I tried a number of things with the teeth after looking a various pics I have repainted them using Games Workshop bleached bone and they look much better :)
    Jay I'm working on the smock, dulling it down and weathering it.
    Cheers
    Steve