1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

British Officer, 3rd Sikh Irregular Cavalry,c.1861

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kisifer, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello all once again :)

I'm here to present you my latest work. A beautiful figure from Aitna models, sculpted by Stefano Borin. I really enjoyed painting this figure, and here I present you my finished work. The figure is entirely painted in oils over enamels and some acrylics. The base is made by me with A+B epoxy putty. Any comments and critics are more than welcomed. Also this shots are taken with my new camera, so I'm still trying to learn :)

Xenofon

[IMG]

Same photo, different light source:
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

This picture is zoomed so it's obvious to see some mistakes that you can't see with naked eye.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Xenofon,
    nicely done! Don't ask me why but I like the walking stick. Great job!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Xenofon, good work, I like what you have done with Stefano's sculpture, my compliments. ;)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Very good painting, my friend! Nice shading.

best regards
    Artur

P.S.Try to make a photos in daylight.
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Jay, Roc and Artur, thanks a lot for your encouraging words. Greatly appreciated.

Xenofon
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Xenofon,

Great work. I like it. I think that the mistakes can be corrected. But it is always with the camera, you don't see them with the naked eye.
    Great work, also your base.

marc
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Xenofon, Nice job. There are some great uniforms from that time period.~Gary
  8. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Xenofon,
    This is a very good painting my friend,looks beautiful!
    christos
  9. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work my friend. This definatley improvement, both in painting and in shooting!!!!
    Keep on doing it !!!

Purple background works better in my opinion
  10. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot for your good words my friends. They are really encouraging :)

Xenofon
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Xenofon........I like the presentation as well as the figure. Whats next on your bench?
  12. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot for your comments Guy. Next on my bench is a 28mm witch from Reaper Miniatures. Something totally new for me.. We will see how she will be turned out.

Xenofon
  13. itifonhom New Member

Germany
    Hi Xenofon,
    this is a great paintwork, I like the blues very much. Try maybe to make them more matt, they look kind of shiny in the pic. Also, try not to paint the silver (or gold) embroidery with metallics rather with greys (or yellows). At the site of Louis Masses you can find a SBS at the tipps area. Give it a try. Overall is a great figure, I like the stock too, well done, keep it up!!

Anastasios.
  14. Frank-Holger Member

How the light source can change the overall look of the figure!! I for myself like the blue backdrop the most!

I like the figure, too, a many times! The Base is well thouhgt, and the walking stick, as sambaman declares, is a wonderfull idea!

Frank
  15. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot for your tip Taso :) I will keep that in mind next time I paint silver laces etc.. I can work on those though and reduce the shiny effect. As for the blues in reality they are not that shiny.

Frank thanks a lot for your comments :) greatly appreciated. I still experiment with the light sources :) ehehehe

Xenofon