1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

British Infantryman Somme 1916 Young Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Tarracus, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Tarracus A Fixture

Funky50, Lancio, Grod and 26 others like this.
  2. Don Well-Known Member

A very nice bust portraying a war weary Tommie fresh from the trenches.
    I do like him.

Don
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    I like this a lot but WWI not being a strong point I can't see anybody carrying a shovel like that but if theres pics I stand corrected. That aside the rest is superb.
    Steve
  4. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hm - that is very nice , Looks good and so naturally !

Cheers

Hendryk
  5. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    At last, superb.:D;)
    Carl.(y)
  6. Mac1966 Well-Known Member

Italy
    Wow!
    I like it!

marco
  7. ldom77 Member

France
    superbe figure

I ask me if it possible with this figure to convert it in a WW2 1944 tommy easy ?
    the helmet is the same and uniform ? what we must change for transform it ?

thanks
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    Hard to tell from the pics but it looks more like a matter of altering the webbing to me

Steve
  9. Tony Barton Active Member

United-States
    That's impressive.
    For 1914 you would need to replace the helmet with a cap : helmets were not issued until 1916, and the first issue seem to have been painted apple green. The shovel is fine : one of the usual places it was carried.
    Tarracus likes this.
  10. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Wow, okay now thats another must have on the list! Fantastic painting too
  11. Massimiliano New Member

Wow!!!!! Fantastic!!!!
  12. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent release, I really can't fault it in any way. The shovel certainly was carried that way on July 1st 1916.

Amazing, any more release news like this and I'm going to stop at home instead of going to Euro! I'm feeling very inadequate, I think I have miniatures envy.
  13. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    You are anything but inadequate Darren but that bust really is superb, as is the painting. To me its a perfect example of how to do a bust with equipment being effectively portrayed as well rather than as a half figure (and yes I agree it personal taste).

My ony very minor criticism is that his face "feels" WWII to me rather than WWI - not sure if its a case of him looking a bit too well fed....I just don't see him as a character in the "Battle of the Somme" film.

But I will be buying one and I have NEVER before bought a bust.

Colin
  14. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers for the shovel clarifaction it must have been a nightmare to have to clamber and move about poor sods.
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice bust, nice subject, I'm a WW I addict, but this is gonna pass my door.
    I don't have a WW I feeling with this. The face looks to familliar, and it's missing something. Don't know what, but there is something that disattrackt me.

Marc
    Ventress and crf like this.
  16. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    I can see another ANZAC conversion on the horizon. A superbly sculpted and cast bust. The painting is first class. I'll certainly be buying one.
    NickM likes this.
  17. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That looks a belter and I think was needed. Just a wee bit different from the normal stuff.
  18. Martin Rohmann A Fixture

Germany
    Not another WW2-bust. Hurrah!
    And it looks good.

Cheers
  19. ometz Well-Known Member

United-States
    A beautiful piece. Nice to (finally) see something other than a Nazigladiatorsmileyface figure from this talented sculptor. A must-have bust.
    captnenglish likes this.
  20. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice(y) ,i love WW1 subjects and i may have to splash the cash:cry:on this one,i like the face very much as well(y)

Brian