WIP Critique British 12th Lancer, 1914

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dan Morton, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    I have two more Lancers started - this British Lancer and an Austrian. I thought I'd post some WIP photos of the British Lancer with most of the equipment on the horse and maybe 50% of the figure complete. 1/16th scale - as usual. The usual combinations of Kneadtite and MagicSculpt grey and brown.

The horse is a Verlinden Napoleonic stripped of all saddle, bridle and other bits and the back legs reinforced with brass bar. The horse equipment is a mix of castings made by Bob Stein using my originals and some sculpted on the horse (the belly band, a bag for oats, etc.). I used a sword from the Victory Miniatures kit and a head and hat are from other kits.

Next I'm going to add a stake and rope on the horse. I need to retouch the tail hair a bit. After that the horse should be about complete.

The wood part of the lance is made and I just need to add the blade, bottom reinforcement and hand hold and, probably a hand on the lance.

The rider is a scale six feet or 1828 mm. His chest is still the basic armature, although I've sanded and carved on it to get the position I wanted. The boots, spurs (other than the actual spur itself), riding trousers, etc. are about right, although they need clean-up.

Hope you like it!

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      67.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      77.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      75.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      41.9 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      57.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      60.6 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      55.4 KB
      Views:
  2. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What were the parent parts and figures (horse, equipment and rider)?

Mke
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    The rider - the head and boots and hat came from kits.
    The horse - originally a Verlinden Napoleonic.
    The equipment - the rifle is from a kit. I used from the trigger back only. The sword is from another kit. The rest of the equipment I made and Bob Stein cast all the remaining resin parts you see.

All the best,
    Dan