1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Brit Para Afghanistan 200mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Gellso, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Managed to get this guy done..he's been a real labour of love but have enjoyed the additions and changes which make him unique although I need to wear my optivisor for driving now.
    Again and again I was reminded just how talented the sculptors are and how much more patient they need to be than us mere painters.

Original figure by Maurice Corry

[IMG]

Old head dremmeled out and replaced. Old ammo pouch carved off, new one added to mould into the new weapon. Straps added, radio wire, antenna and old quick release buckle carved off. Piping on osprey armour added and right most ammo pouch.

[IMG]

I washed some light greens over the MTP and this pic is probably closest to the tone in real life.

[IMG]

The ammo pouch straps have been redone as well as the straps and buckles for the prr radio.

[IMG]

I tried to alter the tones of the weapon. The cover over the UGL is made from plastic and the rear of the weapon is metal.
    The metal was black acrylic with a touch of gunmetal blue and off white. The worn edges have been treated with Mr. Metals stainless steel and aluminium then black oil paint pinwashed into the shadows.
    The plastic parts were drybushed with a buff colour.

[IMG]

I carved of the moulded radio wire and replaced it with a bit of plastic from a clothing tag. My missus came to me and asked me to remove it from one of her new tops and I noticed it bent quite realistically to be used as the wire.

[IMG]

The mic and headset idea that came with this guy really sets him off I think. I thought the the original mic was a bit large so I replaced it and just used fuse wire for the boom as again the original boom was a bit thick. The radio antenna is made from the sheath of some wire with superglue to round it off at the tip.

I like my soldiers like Carl prefers his men....dirty!:whistle:
    So I added mig pigments to his helmet and also a very diluted mix of pigment to his weapon:lol:

[IMG]

The weapon looks an absolute beast. This pic shows the Reedees Miniatures Sa80 with Underslung Grenade Launcher as well as Parachute wings and Drop Zone flash.
    I though I'd go all in and the D rings on the camel back were also replaced with wire. I added rings and some strapping for the helmet.

[IMG]

I enjoyed doing him but I am glad he's behind me.

Attached Files:

• NV.jpg
      NV.jpg
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Views:
    jakbwrhr, Grod, stu and 5 others like this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Grant a brilliant finish and all that extra work has paid off . Excellent paintwork on the camo and weapon. Congrats (y)

Cheers Ken
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Some nice work on the shemagh, and the MTP, I also like the old school Camelbak.
    It looks like you got there in the end, although you struggled.
    What's next, a nice white metal 54mm?;)
    Carl.
  4. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Looks Good.Like the camo paint job.
    Andy
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Grant,
    Well done, your persistance has certainly paid off, great modifications and painting.:)
    cheers
    Richie
  6. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Grant that is very nice indeed. Cammo is not easy and that MTP is painted very well. Great conversion.

Superb mate

Stu