1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Brit,Afghanistan

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Nov 15, 2010.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    greetings,
    Have read Moz,s thread and how difficult an SA80 would be to build,well he,s right its a mongrel !.nothing went first time and am not out of the woods yet.The front grip needs to be reworked as the slots need to differ see how they line up well they,re not supposed to they are all offset.Bearing in mind I havent seen the real thing and only working from images its not easy.You guys in the UK might have a better chance of making one.
    In order to carry on with the figure the weapon has to be made forst ,then the hands can be sculpted and so on.
    Comments welcome.
    andy

Attached Files:

flart1943, sarouman, gordy and 2 others like this.
  2. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Outstanding

Absolutely amazing Andrew.
    120mm scale I take it?
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Been contemplating tackling this weapon for some time now and your right there are some complications to it but looking at your looks like your doing a good job Andrew, I take it you turned that brass barrel ?

Nice job mate

Steve(y)
  4. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    SA80

Hi Andy, before you go too far, the stock has changed on the rifle, if you need some ref pics I can help you out. Let me know, looking forward to seeing the end product, a tam o' shanter would be nice as an alternative headdress, can help with pics of that if req'd.

Good luck. Scotty
  5. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    I'm keeping my eye on this one for sure... there are not many modern Brits on the market and I'm definitely interested to see how this one progresses. BTW, Andy, is there any chance of seeing a modern Aussie figure from AC Models?

Mario
  6. Trep Active Member

United-States
    you are off to a very good start
  7. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks for the feed back guys.The barrel is turned brass and the scope was turned in three parts ,the rest is Ali ,plasticard and magicsculp.
    Andy
  8. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    I'll be following this one closely! Will the SA80 be with the UGL?
  9. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    What is an UGL?.I just make this thing from pictures and am not into jargon.
    Andy
  10. HiroshiAirborne Active Member

United-States
    UGL stands for Underslung Grenade Launcher.

Your model is looking fantastic, looking forward to more!
  11. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well done Andrew! (y)
  12. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    I love the character you manage to put into each of your models. I think you're producing some of the best figures/busts around. I'm really interested how this one will turn out - and if it will available in time for Christmas!
  13. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello,
    The work continues.More detail has been added although you would,nt notice it from these angles.Thanks to Andy for some reference pics.
    The magazine looks alittle long as it still needs to fit,comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

14. callmehobbes Active Member

England
  15. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    Any updates? This looks like it will turn into a great figure.
    Also the idea of a modern Aussie would be great, either from Timor or Iraq/Afghanistan.
    Cheers
  16. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Here ,s some progress on the figure.The rifle has been molded and cast and a hand sculpted on one of them.comments welcome.
    andy

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  17. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    Looks good. Any ideas about head gear? Soft tops or bare heads would be best. I could see this working well with a stray dog sat begging at his feet.
  18. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The arms have been worked.They will soon be removed to enable sculpting on the upper body.comments welcome.
    andy

Attached Files:

sirhogr and gordy like this.
  19. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking great! (y)
  20. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Awesome mate

Gidday andy, wow this is really starting to take shape mate, awesome stuff, cant wait for this one to come out, a deffinate build for me , thats for sure. Keep up the great work.
    Cheers Andrew