1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Brecourt Manor

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Long, Feb 8, 2006.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Almost done. I have to switch the ammo belt because it's on the wrong side, DOH! It's nearly finished. It'll be done for Atlanta.

[IMG]
  2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work, painting shows off the scene . I d only go for some more loaded scene floor , its too clean for my likes . Butthe total picture is pretty interesting
  3. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Hi John, post more photos please, I would like to see this scene from different angels. It looks very good!
    Radek
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, It great to see this finished...almost. I would maybe thow in some dirt along the bottom insides of the trench, maybe some stray clumps of dirt or rock due to the movement of the figures or explosions. Some spent shell casings here and there would not be out of place either. Hey, did you see the NEW book out by Dick Winter's? It looks pretty good, read a few pages of it at a Borders bookstore last night.~Gary
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,
    great stuff! I suspect I won't get to see it in person until Tulsa, but I look forward to that! I thought I heard you talking about the dead German and some trepidations you had about his "look", you know apearing dead and all, but I think he turned out perfectly. The whole scene is quite nice.

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi John,
    Looks really good! Looking forward to seeing it in person in Atlanta.
    Pete
  7. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks gang. There are still some details to add. I want to clutter up the trench a bit, but outside of shell casings I'm not quite sure what to add. I'm glad to have it behind me. It almost made it to the obsurity of the back of the bench. I decided to go ahead and finish even though I'm not so happy with the sculpting. I am pleased with the overall look of the final product.

Jay, are you coming to the swap meet Friday? I plan on bringing this with me.
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John , I know how it feels to just want a project done and out of the way. Maybe a few stray pieces of personal equipment to give the trench a bit of a "lived in" look. In any case it a nice little vignette of an inspiring scene. I'm really surprised it has not been done more.~Gary

P.S. The German does look like he's dead.
  9. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Gary, sculpting a dead guy is not as easy as one might think. If I had it to do over, I think I would make the chest a little less full to depict the empty lungs. I think what I will add is some medium sized wooden boxes to the left foreground. A few leaves and a bit more caked mud to the edges of the trench.
  10. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great work, John. Can't wait to see more pics (y)

Cheers!
    Artur
  11. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great vignette John. I will have to echo Gary, the trench look a bit too neat. I too would add some debris and personal equipment, otherwise this has got to be one of the nicest scenes I've seen.
  12. Bill Mayo New Member

Great composition. Yes, heavy shadows or floor clutter may help balance the "bare spot" but all said...it's looks terrific.
  13. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks wonderful, John! Hope to see it in the flesh someday.

Jason