1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Bravo 6 Navy SEAL (ERDL)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kempie, Jan 20, 2022.

1. kempie Member

England
    Although I enjoyed the focus, I’m a bit tiger striped out so here’s something a little different.

@Tony Dawe was nice enough to publish his mixes for both fresh and worn ERDL uniforms so I thought I’d see if I could use them to decent effect. After a day or so I think I’m off to a good start. Of course the challenging part now is the shading and highlighting. The exquisite sculpt will obviously help, I’ll just have to try not to overdo things.

Anyways, here are the pics, any constructive criticism or suggestions will be gratefully received.

Cheers, kempie

3B9A6E0C-0FA4-40C7-A6AB-862A08487E36.jpeg C7B5CE99-7C20-4C93-B3D3-8A0E7D7D303E.jpeg B151DF4B-8099-45AC-A688-62DD14033F8A.jpeg 2DE514F6-FBBA-4E55-82EE-A5BC3D3D1B5B.jpeg
  2. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent work... When a 54mm figure is blown up to 300mm and it looks that good, you know your on a winner...
    Babelfish and kempie like this.
  3. kempie Member

England
    Wow, Warren that’s generous praise indeed. Thank you very much!!
  4. -=König=- Active Member

I like this camouflage. Success in your future work.
    kempie likes this.
  5. Sgt. Red Active Member

Love the painting on this figure.
  6. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Maybe look at making the black patches less prominent. I dug out an old ERDL shirt I have, your greens and browns are spot on.
    kempie likes this.
  7. kempie Member

England
    Many thanks guys, I appreciate your encouragement. Jimmy, I’ll see what I can do on toning down the black in the shading stage.

Cheers, kempie
  8. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Great work on the cammo
    Chris Oldfield likes this.
  9. kempie Member

England
    Thanks Jed, appreciate it.

Pretty much finished this one for now. Will weather and had antenna/ handset cable and rifle sling once I decide how I want to base it up. Appreciate the input provided and if there is any more constructive criticism or feedback you can offer to make next one better I’d greatly appreciate it.

Cheers, kempie 0AE7C34E-C690-45E5-9BC8-85FC86D0B49F.jpeg CE359977-C29A-4995-A986-7603FEDE9DF4.jpeg 99C9F897-7AE5-417D-B142-58B138362472.jpeg 81375EC1-5CBF-41A7-A63B-79AA3325CA48.jpeg 382A56B7-B573-44CC-A413-4A171E250D70.jpeg
    China Dave, Dr Bison, Ferris and 2 others like this.
  10. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    That's a cracker - I like the way you've picked out the stitching etc on the jacket & trousers.
    kempie likes this.
  11. Scott Sheltz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent paintwork! Camo looks great
    kempie likes this.
  12. Ferris A Fixture

Excellent work on this intricate camo! Very convincing.

Adrian
    kempie likes this.