1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Braveheart

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Sep 25, 2009.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi all,
    I haven't logged on for a while so I thought I would show this recently completed piece. It is Kirin's 1/12 bust of Braveheart. Although it is not the best likeness of Mel Gibson, it is a beautiful sculpt with some awesome detail. I resculpted the braid on his right side as it was missing and added the one on his left. It was all painted in oils and humbrols.
    Any comments are always welcome.
    Ben

Attached Files:

• b2.jpg
      b2.jpg
      File size:
      35.4 KB
      Views:
    • b3.jpg
      b3.jpg
      File size:
      199.9 KB
      Views:
    • b4.jpg
      b4.jpg
      File size:
      34.9 KB
      Views:
    • b5.jpg
      b5.jpg
      File size:
      193.9 KB
      Views:
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Not too keen on the bust.... or the movie, but you've done an excellent paintjob.

Roger.
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Roger,
    Thanks for your comments, it was a nice quick simple paint, I think we all need that sometimes.
    Ben
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I think your being very modest there Ben, that plaid does not look either quick or simple :)

Roger.
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant job on the different textures, Ben.
    Carl.
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for the compliments Carl. Roger, the plaid wasn't that hard really, I used fishing line that I plaited and held together with epoxy glue, then shaped some putty for the ends. This was then burred into the original hair and blended in, took about an hour to do.
    Ben
  7. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    Ben
    I thought I posted on this one last night also, but must have hit the wrong key?? Great job again. nice work.
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice painting of this one Ben.

Steve
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Really good painting on the Tartan.
    You good redo the eyes at the bottom of the eyeball. With other words you gotta get that white toned down.

Marc
  10. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Rob and Steve, cheere for your comments. Hey Marc, hows things? I agree with the eyes, not too sure about them. I was trying to give him a worn out look almost looking to the heavens and to make the eyes quite pale as are Mel Gibsons. Maybe one day I will touch them up a bit, got other kits to do first!!!!
    Ben
  11. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Ben. I agree with Marc on the eyes, but your tartan has wonderful subtle tones to it. Nice job.

Jay H.
  12. Cvikings67 Member

United-States
    Very nice paint job and I like the braids you added. On another note I think that if you used a different color for the background it would improve the presentation. Nice painting, Chris
  13. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jay and Chris, thanks for your comments, might have to change those eyes sooner!!!
    Catch you again soon.
    Ben