1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

#BrailleScale Update – W/E 1 August 2021

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by RossM, Mar 30, 2022.

1. RossM Active Member

Australia
    Editorial note: I have been pondering what to do with this blog. I go through phases with it where there is a flurry of activity, and then there is a period where I post nothing. In some respects, this reflects my attitude towards the hobby when I can go weeks without doing anything or not. However, having got back into braille scale modelling in quite a big way over the past year, I thought I would start running a series of posts highlighting new releases and announcements that have caught my eye!

First up is this announcement from Snake Models, a new name to me. This is a full resin kit of an SPK-12G, a jib crane mounted on a T-54 chassis. If the final kit is half as good as these images, then this should be a great kit of a fascinating subject.

[IMG] [IMG]
    Another announcement this week came from 3R Model, who announced a new M1296 Dragoon, an upgraded version of the Stryker infantry carrier. This upgraded vehicle has an unmanned turret equipped with a 30mm Bushmaster II cannon.

[IMG]

I had to do some research to realise who 3R Model was. It seems this is a new company from China that was also involved in the development of Border Models 1/71 Leopard II. Hopefully, this means that the Dragoon will be a good kit because Dragon’s line of Stryker variants isn’t great.

We all like a bulldozer, don’t we? If you do, you will be happy to hear that Orange Hobby has announced that they will be releasing a Caterpillar D7 bulldozer. This is a Second World War version of the vehicle and would look good on its own or as part of a diorama.

[IMG]

Finally, I am sure most of us have heard of Quinta Studio and its range of 3D decals for aircraft interiors. Well, it seems they are now releasing 1/72 interior decals! Here is an image of a set for Tamiya’s F4U-1D Corsair. I can see a Corsair in my future…

[IMG]

That’s it for this week but if you are interested in braille scale modelling, then come join the chat at the Braille Scale Modelling Facebook discussion group here.

Header image: F4U-1 Corsairs of the Royal New Zealand Air Force somewhere in the South Pacific during the Second World War (Source: Archives New Zealand)

Continue reading...