1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Boxer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Piotr Czyz, May 14, 2004.

1. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hi all,
    After making Hans’ Frank face I was very happy with the effects so I wanted to make the whole head. Below you can find what I sculptured a few days ago. That’s really first head that I have ever sculptured but I like the effect. In real it looks much better than on those pictures, but I know that the head still needs some improvements (higher forehead, changing ears’ position).

Head ->
    [IMG]

And again after making the head I was happy with the result and I decided to add to the head whole figure of the boxer (the head has some nasty look :) in order to learn more about the bones and muscles. Skeleton was made from antenna wire, next I put some clay, and now you can recognize some main muscles made from milliput. That’s very preliminary stage – arm, neck and whole skin (not mentioning the shorts and boots) still are to be worked out. Aha, scale is 120 mm and I used “seven head proportion”. I’m not sure now but maybe I will resculpture whole head to add more “Adrew Golota” look.

Body ->
    [IMG]

That’s all for now. All comments are very welcome.

Regards,
    Piotr
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Piotr,

I look forward to seeing more of the boxer. I have tinkered with the idea of doing one myself. Is this going to be anyone in particular?

Joe
  3. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hi,

He will be nobody:) I'm not much into boxing but as I said I would think about Adrew Golota (Andzej Gołota), who is quite famous Polish boxer. Who knows? Maybe this weekend I will try to sculpture his unattractive face. It depends on repairing my computer (in order to download enough photos of him).

Piotr
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    VERY NICE,Piotr (y) (y) ! Looking forward to the next step in the series.Cheers !
    Kenneth :)
  5. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hi all, I did a little this weekend.

[IMG]

And I have started a new head, cause the last one has wrong proportions. I want to scultpure Adrew Golota - we'll see...

[IMG]

Thank you for your all comments so far.

Piotr
  6. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hi all,

Below you can find photos of new head. I have planned to make Adrew Golota, but I gave up the idea - I don't have enough arts skills yet - so that's just an anonymous head.

[IMG]

And also added a few adjusments recently to the figure. Legs are almost ready, boots also (I have to add small stars on the sides and laces). Back of the trunks looks ok, but on the front part I found very hard to make nice folds (maybe I will resculputure the front part...). And I also combined the head with the body - It was neccesary in order to find interesting pose for hands. So, long way for me - almost whole upper part is to be done.

[IMG]

All comments as always are very welcome.

Regards,
    Piotr
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    your boxer is comming along nicely Piotr......keep up the great work.
  8. Edson Member

Mexico
    Wow a great work, and an original figure indeed man, keep the good work, post more pics !!!!!!!! :lol:

Regards
    Ed :)
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Piotr,GREAT PROGRESS on the figure (y) (y) !! Looking forward to the next step in the project. Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  10. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hi guys,

my boxer is almost finished now (at least I have finished main parts). But I have to finish his boxing gloves, add laces to the boots, add muscles next to his stomach muscles (and also I have to add two nipples), and he needs some sanding work. Recently as you can see, I added arms and hands, I also added some adjustments to the boots (thanks Scibor for your remarks).
    And I'm thinking also about small vignette - I will be a boxing ring, what else could be ;).

Some photos ->
    [IMG]

More "artisctic" view :) ->
    [IMG]

What do you think about him, what should I improve in my next sculptures?

Regards,
    Piotr
  11. qulfon New Member

Really nice figure :D It's Andrew Golota? We're waiting for painted figure. Pozdrowionka :D Ups.