1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Boudica Chariot

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Hugo Pereira, Feb 7, 2017.

1. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Really? Well it should be more...have another look Steve :D

P
  2. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Clrsgt

Thank you Sir... Your words and comments are very important to us... Im already checking the poses... And the driver will have a distribution of weight and the leg will be more to front... To give balance... About Boudica, it will be the same... I will put her turned to right side...

For me its a preveliege read your words... And there are someone that told me 'Hugo I do not do ancient figures, but this one may be an exception because I really like the way this one is coming together.' This just have one path to me... we are in the good way, so we have to be better to not disappoint no one... And for have many people that will say... UUUUAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

This model have a special taste to me... Its a personnal dream and I want develop the model with all of you... All your ideas, tips and comments will be put on the figure... Its a different idea... And people are loving it... Sometimes Ive affraid to develop some new concepts, because people can rejected, but its the opposite... People are loving them... Im very lucku because Ive people like you, and other RPmodels friends and fans, there are always there... Always... And this is very important to us, because my Team have the moral ON TOP...

Thank you so much...
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    napoleonpeart and peedee like this.
  3. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Hugo
    You are doing a fine job of bringing this together
    Looking forward to getting hold of a kit when released

Keep on keeping on

Frank
  4. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Richard Baxter

This is the wips of the horses...

wips horses.jpg

This is was a test pose... But we decided to develop the pose that you see... But looking know to this, I think this poses are very good... LOL... LOL... I think Ive a problem... LOL... LOL... What you think?

This is our concept...

Chariot5.jpg

I love this Osprey Book idea... Simple Outstanding...

Thank you Sir...
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira

Attached Files:

napoleonpeart and Bootneck like this.
  5. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello my good friend Ian...

How are you my friend? There are many thing to do my friend... And imagine one figure have a lots of work... But he decided to work on 2 figures, 2 horses and chariot... Nothing to worry about... LOL... LOL... This is a huge task, and the next path... And I believe I will put in a record price... LOL... LOL...

Thank you so much my friend for your friendship...

Big ugg and take care...
    Hugo
  6. Kevindunne Active Member

United-States
    Looks great...you may get comments about Boudica being left handed...
    Do you plan to do this in 75mm?
    Hugo Pereira likes this.
  7. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Fogie

Thank you Sir... What I want to put in the figure is angry, rage and hate... She was screaming, charging against Romans, motivated her troops to fight, and take out the Romans of the island... I want and my great objective is to develop a Queen, that wants to fight against opression and tirany... The best and the most important thing that we have in humanity is health and freedom... Freedom to chose what we want, freedom to chose what we believe, freedom to talk about something... For me Boudicca is a symbol of FREEDOM and FIGHT...

Thank you so much.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    OldTaff and Bootneck like this.
  8. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Marvellous sentiments, Hugo, your passion for the subject is so obvious, it jumps off the screen! Here, where I live in East Anglia, Boudicca is still very much in the spirit of our countryside. Today, more than ever, I believe we need our heroes ;) It doesn't matter what nationality they, or we, are;-- a hero is a hero. They set an example for us all to live by.

Cheers,
    Alan
  9. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Chris

Thank you Sir for your words...

The figure it will be lauch just in August, but there are a huge of reserves already... I start to believe I wouldnt have pieces to everyone... This is AMAZING...

Thank you so much.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  10. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Hugo I like the kneeling pose of the driver looks much better and would be more stable I think with the chariot going at speed. it will also show off Boudicca better as she is standing up and it gives it that two level look. both standing takes it away from each other. I think it will give the Boudicca figure more focus and make her look more imposing. just my thoughts my friend.

Cheers

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    Hugo Pereira and napoleonpeart like this.
  11. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Hi Hugo,
    How do I reserve a copy of this?

Gerald
    Hugo Pereira likes this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Gerald

I am sure Hugo will reply but e mail or message him

Hugo

My good friend ...this is coming on well ..lots of comments all constructive and relevant you are listening and acting on them as RP does .

A few thoughts from me ....

Like the action but woukd Boudivca have actually been able to stay like that for long ..or perhaps it's a moment in the action ?

The armour does look a little fantasy but it existed as in Helm's post ..perhaps look at a chainmail one see how it looks ?

Spears ...too thick looking with the points not looking right...probably WIP ! ...why not include a Roman pilium as well ?

Shield...I think the shape is good but woukd be better with an elongated one ...opening up the scene in the chariot ?

Reins ....need thinning down

Blades ..a good option to offer ..I prefer without personally but I can imagine the chariot in mid air after hitting rocks with the blades

Driver ....better pose (kneeling) in latest pictures ....what weapons will he get ...a sword at least ?

Boudica ..why is she left handed ? Think it would balance the scene up,if she was right handed with the spear ........can't find any reference to what she was though?

Better that she is central making her the focal point of the piece

Its going to be another very special piece for everyone

Nap

PS Guys I woukd like to mention ( forgive me Hugo ) that Hugo is also doing a very long military promotion course as well this year so congratulations on that and even more on what you are doing for RP ...a passion

PPS ...This will be 75mm Kevin Dunne
    Hugo Pereira, Martin64 and ellie like this.
  13. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    This to me is what pF is all about: masses of constructive input. Really heartening to see. Congratulations to all involved and, most of all, to Hugo Pereira, of course.

Jeff
  14. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Hugo, I sent you a pm.
    Gerald
  15. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beauty Hugo, both figures look mean and in roll, perfecticimo!

Cheers, Ski.
  16. general 10 Member

WoW what à Nice figure! A huge project so interesting. A must have for sure. Great work already Who Will be better with all the comments. It look like that i found one of my next christmas present.
  17. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Tonton

People are looking to 3D with other eyes, And I think and believe that we are one of responsables for that changing... I remember, when we started in August of 2014, when we produce the first pieces to Museums, many people dont liked teh 3D idea... I remember one guy, told us in PF, becaude the Limited Edition of Basilone, that he had doubts that we produce all Edition, 500 pieces... And guess what? we produce tehm, and teh Museum sold them, I sell some of them, and I know the Museum is in 3 edition of figures... LOL... LOL...

When we appear in March of 2015, RPmodels it was a register brand, and when we lauch the Mad Jack, many people told us many things about 3D... But I believe that we can do a good work, and we are in here... One thing its very important to say... The 3D its just a tool, nothing else... Its just a way to produce figures... The 3D dont substitute nothing or any person... Its just a TOOL...

We are using some reserch material that a Museum and Friend send to us... One thing that inspired us a lot, its the last Channel History Documentary... And we love the character, and the re-enactors are very good... I saw there are someone that already share the armour that we are doing, and I will let you with a frame of the documentary...

wips24.jpg

I believe Boudica use something light... An armour, but not so heavy, something that can procted her, but with not so many weight, because she was a female...

There are no strong information... The information about Boudica was written 70 years after she defy the Roman Empire. We did a big study, and has you can see, we are always open to more information... I believe Boudica will have between 25-30 years... In that times people married very earlier, with 12 years... So she have 2 childrens, and they was rape by romans, so I believe their daughters can have 10-12 years... Another little aspect that I believe... We will put some jewellery on her... She was a Queen... she have a different status, so we believe and want to present the Figure with that status...

Aneis.jpg

Thankyou so much.
    This is the best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    OldTaff, Tonton and napoleonpeart like this.
  18. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Tonton

Another important thing... Of course Ive a special passion for Boudica... I want to develop a figure full of emotions... Boudica is a symbol of FREEDOM and FIGHT... Its a symbol of fight against tirany and opression... It was a Queen that bring her people to freedom... Fight to maintain the way of life, the traditions of ancestors, the way of living, against the phenomenon of Romanization...

I want to put in the figure this kind of feelings... She was screaming, screaming against tirany and opression... Screaming for give the freedom to her people... And I will change a little the pose of the driver, and I will put him kneeling... Boudica will be streight, the real STAR of the vignete... The center of attention...

Thank you so much for your comments and support... THANKS A LOT...

With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  19. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Alan

I see the things in other way... I saw this will be our baby... Of course the start the idea and the concept, but there are so many things to do, result of your help, result of your patience and believes...

Thank you so much Sir.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    OldTaff and napoleonpeart like this.
  20. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello my GOOD FRIEND Keith

Thank youso much for your words... As usual, your kindness is very important to us, and give us strenght to continue in good work and way...

We are already doing the reserch, LOL:)... I know I love the details, and the details do the diference... In my professional life this do the diference, and you know, Im doing a big effort to develop a sculpture with the final end... UUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUU...

We will see you in EuroMilitaire, and its better to you resere your... LOL... It will be gone very quickly... This is worst than the French Dromedaire Regiment... LOL... LOL... I wouldnt need the 5 days to sell all the figures... LOL... We are improving in here too...

Big ugg and take care...
    Hugo
    OldTaff and napoleonpeart like this.