1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Borodino Update- Horse 1

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ChaosCossack, Jan 31, 2013.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Really?/ , i like Rugby!!! , the only part of the super Bowl i like is the commercials :p
  2. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I totally agree , but they are a good size and the detachable pieces are great.
    cheers Ron.
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I'm Canadian... I love Hockey first and foremost, then Lacrosse, then most Combat Sports (UFC, wrestling, boxing, Muay Thai).... then Football. The thing about Football that I end up getting roped into is playing the pools... which tonight I ended up in third. $100 in my pocket that wasn't there before (y)
    MarquisMini likes this.
  4. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thanx Ron and Carl

This is the most work I've done on a horse before... the next one in the dio is going to be dead/wounded so is going to need way more surgery, especially on the neck and legs. I'm a little worried about that:nailbiting: . I'll be coming to see you in Oakville Colin, I may need more horse halves before I get this right ;)

If anyone has suggestions on modelling the downed horse I'm all ears :shy:

Colin
  5. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Hello Colin

If he is dead, he needs no surgery anymore:p
    Michel
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Touche
  7. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great work Colin.
    Historex horses are always a one directional beast but your re modelling here really brings this horse to life.
    Following with interest, good job Mate.
    Cheers,
    Keith
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    OK, so I've drilled and pinned the horses tail after scribing the hair a bit deeper with a hot blade.

Then the shabraque was widened by shimming and filling with Apoxie. An Apoxie blanket will be rolled and situated under the front of the saddle with the ends showing... that will fill the gap between the saddle and the horse's shoulders.

Finally, the riders legs were pinned together (about 1/16 apart), the legs were rotated about 15 degrees so the left leg is slightly ahead of the right. The right ankle was notched front and back and a wedge was glued into the front notch, closing the back notch, effectively extending the foot toes downwards... all gaps in the pelvis and ankle were filled and rough sanded. The rider will be leaning foreward and to the left, carrying the the weight of the rider on the left stirrup, lifting the rider's butt off the saddle. To that end, the insides of the thighs were filled out to remove the flattened shape that was moulded to fit the saddle.

IMGP0255.jpg IMGP0256.jpg IMGP0257.jpg IMGP0259.jpg IMGP0260.JPG

Next, the mane, saddle furniture and more progress on the rider.

Cheers

Colin
    balder, tiberius57 and crf like this.
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks well Colin

Steve
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  10. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thanx Keith and Steve, your support is much appreciated gentlemen.

Cheers

Colin