1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Bored Landsturm - WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dan Morton, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Progress on the Landsturm - the figure is pretty close to being done. It needs a bit here and there. After cleaning and fixing, the next step is to remove the flexed arm at the shoulder and then re-fit. This is to allow casting by my partner-in-crime, John McNenney. I then need to finish a canteen (water bottle for the Europeans in the audience), the 1888 Mauser rifle, the M1871 seitengewehr (bayonet), a grenade, a brotbeutel (bread bag), and bayonet holder. My friend, Ulrich Biroth, will be doing the painting honors on the first casting - but I'm getting ahead of myself!!!

So - what do you think? Does he look bored enough?

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Fantastic!
    Regards
    Pedro
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Pedro and welcome to the Forum!

All the best,
    Dan
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent scene Dan. I like it so far.
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Guy!

All the best,
    Dan
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    You may not be familiar with the highly variable Landsturm uniforms and colors. Ulrich will probably do a light grey M1903 Litewka coat, red collar tabs (?), black trousers with red stripes, brown or black boots, black leather ammo holder. And then there's the observation point to paint also! He's promised a couple signs that identify the OP position #, etc. and another one that's offering a room to let. :)

All the best,
    Dan
  7. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Dan,

that is a boring diorama...:)

Seriously, you have captured the whole slumped shoulders, slouched hand look. May I suggest that you put soemthing like a rat in that corner chewing on a bit of cheese? That will give the Landsturm something to ponder over.... Well done. Rgds Vic
  8. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    great idea !
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Victor and Vergilius - Many thanks for your comments!

All the best,
    Dan
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Dan,
    I like it. One comment if i may, he has his hand in the backpocket. So, i would see this area more bulky.

marc
  11. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Dan,

Nice work my friend.

I'd like to se his right leg up a bit, as if he's resting it on a box or a sandbag. I think the change would also rotate his hip and relax his stance.

Just my 2 bob's worth!

Cheers
  12. Mark S Guest

Hi Dan,
    I reckon an old ammo box with a book sitting on it with an old
    dog-eared bookmark would complete the scene of boredom.
    Well done.
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    BORING to the core !!!

Hi Dan :) !
    YAWN......; man, that is ONE BORING scene ;);) ! But seriously, GREAT STUFF, my friend :D:D:D !!!!! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the scene made up and completed. Cheers !
    Kenneth :cool:.
  14. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Dan

it will be a pleasure for me to paint that scene. I will do my best that it looks after painting just as good as before.

I think the rat is a nice idea. But I would wait until the other "little" thing like gun, brotbeutel and others are ready.

Ulrich
  15. theseeker Member

United-States
    Dan,

That is one nice scene.
  16. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Dan,
    Great looking scene. "Ho Hum"
    Cheers
    John
  17. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks to Tony, Marc, Kenneth, Ulrich, theseeker, and John! Marc - just a little correction, his hand is in his side pocket. I need to go back and make the wrist a little more distinct and visible. Also considering flexing the right leg a bit more. All the best, Dan