1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Border Reiver

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by iztemaan, May 6, 2015.

1. iztemaan Active Member

Spain
    Hi everyone:

I made this bust more than a year ago but it seems that it will not be released...

In any case I am proud of my work and I'd like to show it. Its made with Milliput and Green Stuff, in 1/10 scale.

Hope you like it.
    reiver final.JPG
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Awesome, i can't understand why it is not gone commercial.

Marc
    Perseas likes this.
  3. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    great facial expression.
  4. neill Active Member

United-States
    Excelent work. great detail and execution of both the figure and the attitude/emotion of the piece.

Thanks for Sharing

Neill
    www.johnneill.com
  5. DEL A Fixture

Scotland

You should be proud, it's a cracking piece.
    I'm hooked on just about everything to do with Reivers and this would have been a great addition.
    I wonder if the fact that it shows a figure being injured that limits it's potential market.
    Had he been holding a Jeddart Staff across his body I think it might have more appeal.
    The sculpt of the arms make repositioning a very easy conversion so if it becomes a commercial release I'll be getting one.
    Cheers
    Derek
    Perseas likes this.
  6. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jeddart justice is the only justice! Let the hot trod begin! Etc etc. I love a bit of reiving. Shame this isn't going to sale, it could well have been my first bust.
  7. franceso sbarile A Fixture

You are right to be proud of such a work!!! It is not an easy bust but it looks very attractive
  8. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    If there's any other reiving enthusiasts out there, there's a reenactment at buittle castle in Dumfries and Galloway on the 24th of this month. Well wort a visit.
  9. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Very nice work,it deserves to be released(y)(y).
    Best wishes, Gary.
    Perseas and napoleonpeart like this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    A fine piece of work there , I really like it, a great pose you can feel the pain of the wound , lovely facial details .

Like others I am at a loss as to why this isn't commercial a true shame ....have you no castings ?

Possibly like Del says the arrow wound might have affected but not for me but I do like his idea to change it .

There was many moons ago a Verlinden Bust of a Medieval Soldier holding a arrow sculpted by Derek Holmes that was a similar pose.

Please do more and lets hope a commercial piece comes soon.

Thanks for sharing and BE PROUD of your work

Nap

longbowman.jpg
    garyhiggins and Perseas like this.
  11. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Magnificent bust full of character, as every one else said its a pity that it hasnt released yet..
    Congratulations!!!
    garyhiggins and napoleonpeart like this.
  12. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely done.

Mike
    garyhiggins likes this.
  13. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Great bust, which has in the trade!

Make a small batch - I'll take one!
    napoleonpeart and garyhiggins like this.
  14. Jazz A Fixture

England
    This is a great bust and I cannot understand why it hasn't been released commercially. I can see it selling easily. I am a Scott by surname which is a great old Reiver family name and I hope you will be able to get this released.
    garyhiggins likes this.
  15. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great bust.

I released one that is quite similar....sales were surprisingly poor following great feedback in sculpting...so a difficult choice to whoever has this lovely master.

Stuart
    Tommi, garyhiggins and napoleonpeart like this.
  16. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Just as a personal opinion, I think the sculpting of this bust is far more attractive than that of the earlier Verlinden bust, and better proportioned.
    Best wishes, Gary.
    OldTaff, napoleonpeart and Jazz like this.
  17. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Hear hear.
    garyhiggins likes this.
  18. waterloo1815 Active Member

United-States
    Who ever has the master - lets get this out there for us to paint!! Count me in for one should you make up a small batch !! Dave