1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Boots!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Ive decided to make the Russian 'bust/half figure' into a full figure instead. Here is the start of the boots. They are made ala Gordy style by rolling out some putty, then cutting out the heels and soles in rough shape, and then apply the soles on the heels. I then sanded them to shape. They still need a little tweaking and some filling.

Attached Files:

2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    excellent!

...... where have i seen this before...
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Very,very nice,Anders (y) I especially like the way you curved the soles of the boots.How do you determine the correct angle to bend them Looking forward to the finished product and figure.Cheers !
    Kenneth
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys! Its all to Gordy's credit, I had no clue how to even start on boots before I seen him do it. As for the angle, I went by looking at reference pictures that I have.
  5. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Wow

a full digure, gonna pull up my chair grab a cup of coffee and wait for next installment

Robin
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well Well! Looks like I was slacking when I looked at the reference :angry: When I measured the height of the heel I forgot to take the thickness of the sole into consideration, hence the angle is to steep, its almost like a cowboy boot, which is way to steep. I did the upper part of the boot, and I should have noticed it before I did that but I didn't

Oh Well! Nothing lost just gained some experience and the next pair should turn out better One step backwards, two steps forward!
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    That's the spirit,Anders Never say die ! Cheers.
    Kenneth
  8. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    It would not be hard to fix... also it would have a side benefit:

some sanding down of the heel, will bring the toes a tad up, and the mid-sole would be the pivot point

as a side note, it's always "one of those things" when you see footwear board flat with no kinetics, even more so when it's an action pose!!
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gordy!

Yeah I thought about sanding it down but didnt think that would help the angle much, unless I sanded it from the top. Maybe Im wrong though, none the less Ive already made another 2 sets with slightly different height of heels So we'll see how it works this time
  10. quang Active Member

Belgium
    I guess the reason why I sculpted so many moccasins is that I hate to sculpt shoes. :biggrin:

Your pics make it looks so easy. Now I'm ready to tackle more subjects with shoes AND heels!

(y)
    Q.
  11. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys!

Here are the second pair of boots as they are now. They still arent done and I need to do some sole tweaking, work on the ankle part and the seams. Im not sure, but something about them look little funky, I think it may be the front ankle part that makes them look little goofy, and might straighten things up once done. We'll see I guess. Comments are as always welcomed :)

Attached Files:

12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    :eek:

Attached Files:

13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    ;)

Attached Files:

14. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States

Attached Files:

15. Pete_H New Member

Dude, don't you think the heels look a bit too thick? I also noticed that parts of the soles don't quite reach the outer edge of the boots.

Hang tough!!!
  16. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    my boots used to swell over the side, well my old boots did, getting there matey

Robin
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Pete & Robin!

The second pair's heels are fine, the first pair's heels are WAY to tall. As for the sole hang over, the sole needs some tweaking like said in the post. Will work on it some more between doing math tonight
  18. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Great progress on the boots,Anders (y) ;you're definitely getting there,my friend ! Cheers.
    Kenneth
  19. Pete_H New Member

Anders,
    What math are you doing? Perhaps I can be of service and help free up your time for more productive endeavors - such as sculpting and painting ;)

You know how to reach me ...
  20. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Anders

I think the boots are coming along very nicely. I would make one comment;

I feel that there is too much of a right angle between the top of the foot and the shin. The foot slopes up to a degree towards the ankle, if you know what I mean! Kinda makes it look too flat as it is.

other than that, superb! (y)

cheers

Rob