1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Book - Andrea Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Nov 11, 2004.

1. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    The link works...........but first time it takes you to the market place. Close and second time to the book!

wierd, but it works for me!!!
  2. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Well I've just ordered mine too, this is sure to become the figure modellers bible.
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I just tried your method Rob.....worked like a charm....weird Huh?
  4. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Thanks John, my order is in too!
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Also featured in "The Complete Horan" book will be some of the following.

Ty Cobb

[IMG]

Babe Ruth

[IMG]

More photographs to come ;)
  6. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    nothing wierder than computers and the internet!!! ;)
  7. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    hmmm nothing wierder than computers and the internet, what about............................................. no no no don't go there Robin
  8. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks for the unorthodox help, Figureteers!

No wonder I have troubbles with this new thingies. :)
  9. Johnsonva New Member

To all,

I think if you stagger over to Tad Wigmore's forum you will find a link to Minature
    Warehouse who is offering this book for $69.00. This is limited time offer, but
    a fair one offered to give us all a break. I for one managed to misinterpurate the offer origonally,
    but finally got straight. Suggest you take a look.

Loren
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Loren, But on the second page of this thread is the offer John so kindly made to us on Planetfigure.
  11. Franco Active Member

Australia
    I for one just want to thank John for making this offer avaiable to us. I would not eitherwise have bought this book due to the forecasted high cost but thanks to John he has made it more affordable. Also his propmt response to my e-mails is a sign of great service.

Thank you John and I have also ordered my Horan book through you.

Cheers
    Franco

;)
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Here are a couple more of Bill Horan's creations.

"Officer, 58th Regiment 1845"

[IMG]

"The Captured Flag"

[IMG]
  13. JBoisson New Member

A photographic record of "nearly every" model created by Bill Horan and we're haggling over the price!? Gentlemen, I submit that Horan's work has been a constant inspiration to this hobby and has value far beyond dollars and cents. A hundred bucks is great deal for something like that. $69 is even better, thanks John, ordered mine. And Thanks Bill.
    Cheers
    John
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Can you imagine having a book with over 400 pictures like this to gaze upon any time you want?

General Robert E. Lee

[IMG]

63rd Tennessee

[IMG]
  15. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I know what you mean Guy! I sent off to the USA (not common practice in the late 80's for a 20 year old) for the sets of photo prints from Gandamak, the Africa series and the Scottish series (and another, I'm pretty sure). No internet then obviously; fortunately the sets came to my relief and I was luck enough to have some pretty darn good pics of , to me, unseen Horan stuff! :lol: I was chuffed!

Now getting it all in one book! Well, most of it!
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello John,

I couldn't refuse it to buy it for such a low price. Here in Europe it is expensiver than buy it in the USA.
    Now my purse is schrinked, but i hope to see it in my mailbox very soon.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Marc
  17. marvin Member

Netherlands
    John,

Thanks a million for the offer (y) . I'm just starting out in this hobby and have been looking for a good inspirational book. I ordered my copy from you yesterday. Like Marc said, it's cheaper to buy it from you and ship it to Europe than it is to buy it here..... IF you're able to find it in the Netherlands :angry:

Marvin
  18. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    One of the chapters I look forward to are the step-by-step chapters on how his figures come to life from the armature to the finished award winning figure we all see at shows and in our magazines. Being a baseball fan, the figure below really caught my interest when I first saw it.

Yogi Berra

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

**Last picture courtesey of Lilliput Forums
  19. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    aaawwwww Guy! that makes me want it NOW! ;)

Thanks for the taster! excellent animation!

Looks like a Duro mix with something for the clothing.......? much paler green than the "bib" (I dunno what it's called...I'm British! :lol: )
  20. Manfred Active Member

:eek:

...must ... have... book...

:)