1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Bonehead Models - Pre-Production Release

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by bonehead, May 1, 2014.

1. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Available exclusively from The Model Cellar, There will be a limited number of pre-production kits at The Model Cellar trade stand at the MFCA show. Bonehead Models are sculpted by Mike Good with casting by Paul Ondeck of the Model Cellar. Stop by and have a look!

Bonehead Models
    SS Squad Leader - Russia, 1941 - 200mm resin kit

[IMG]
    A sneak peak at the painted piece being done by our own Kazufumi Tomori!

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Photos of Original sculpt by Mike Good

Respected modeler, Kazufumi Tomori says:

"This figure is the best 1/9 figure I've ever had in my hand. In anatomy, face, parts fit (best of the best), volume, overall look and total quality as a commercial kit. At the minimum, one of the best.

Have a look and decide for yourself....
    rado2828, elanlane13, Edorta and 22 others like this.
  2. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mike,
    Lovely sculpt, this should prove popular, great work by Kaz on the painting it really sets it off.(y) Love to know what else is in that pandora's box head of yours.;) Any prices???
    cheers
    Richie
  3. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    :wideyed: :woot: [Johan is looking for the icon with jaw dropping to the ground and eyes popping out]

... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!

I believe that I must have one to avoid falling into a severe nervous breakdown ! So please if you care about my mental and physical health, then send me ordering and payment details asap !

;)
    Osvald likes this.
  4. faust18 Active Member

I love it, but being nerdy hed hold the mag to the smg not pulling down causing a stove pipe, and he could do with cocking it he wount get far from there, but easy to sort and kudos, mick sorry and the mapcase seems short imho
  5. Bournouna Active Member

United-States
    "I love it, but being nerdy hed hold the mag to the smg not pulling down causing a stove pipe, and he could do with cocking it he wount get far from there, but easy to sort and kudos, mick sorry and the mapcase seems short imho"

Can someone please translate this into English. Very hard to deceifer what you are trying to say.
    Babelfish likes this.
  6. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Wonderful to see it coming out Mike.
    I know your attention to detail & patience with projects like this so will be interested to see the response you get.

Trust this new venture works well for you.

Stay safe
    Mike
  7. YDGIN A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    When and where it is possible to buy and make public the price.
  8. faust18 Active Member

For those who havnt understood, the mp40 smg is held mag to machine or on its belly if you hold it like that it pulls down on the mag causing the next round to' stove pipe'go in sideways, jam, the weopen is not cocked it cannot fire he has his finger on the trigger the cocking handle would be pulled back and up into the notch which is the saftey , the mp40 fires from an open bolt and the mapcase is too short English enough for you? trying to say?Regards Mick. imho = in my humble opinion and Kudos. come on !
    captnenglish, Osvald and moz like this.
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
  10. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Visual translation:

or

Cheers, Martin
  11. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    S.S again....:cautious: = Superb Sculpting :cool: Best of luck in your new venture Mike.

Cheers Ken
    pmfs and faust18 like this.
  12. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Now I know why they're called "semis"

Lovely work all round on this guy.

Gells
  13. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Been waiting for a large scale figure like this one for a very long time Mike. It looks great, and a lefty too, which is something different(y) Also looking forward to the box art by Kaz, missed seeing his painting. Nice one Mike, congrats. Regards, SG:)(y)(y)
    Funky50 likes this.
  14. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb bit of sculpting and painting.(y)
  15. alexwencho Active Member

United-States
    Mike, thanks for the 1/9th scale parts for future projects.
  16. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Don't care for the size or the subject, but it is a Mike Good sculpt, so damnit I have to buy it!:mad:
  17. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Superbly sculpted and painted
    Outstanding :)
  18. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful sculpt Mike (y)! I'm also looking forward to seeing what else you come up with!

Joe
  19. BigDaddy A Fixture

United-States
    Nice work Mike and Kaz!! I'll have to paint this one.
    That's a great 1/9 figure.
    Matt
  20. Fokionas Well-Known Member

Greece
    I keep my all my old 1/9 warriors figures as a treasure.......
    I have them in the box , not painted yet , almost all of the figures that were produced.
    Lately I see a tendency towards 1/9 scale full figures from various sources and I have to express my admiration because probably this is one of the best sculpted figures in this scale where every detail counts .
    The painting from Kaz is superb -as always- .
    I suggest that a new forum for large scale figures must be established in pf.
    The reason is that in this scale the painting/ shading is done in a different way than smaller scales and also I see that more and more pf friends express an interest in these models , like myself.
    There is so much potential in this scale.......
    Mike once again , you are the Michelangello of figure modelling! Well done and I hope that you will give us more figures like this in the bear future!
    Fokion
    Richie likes this.