1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Bonaparte Miniatures Polish Lancer 1815 Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Steve Brodie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Superb sculpt from bonaparte Miniatures of a Polish Lancer, circa 1812, carrying his saddle, during winter. The body and head are cast as one piece with the saddle and accessories attached cast as anothe huge hunk of resin. The castings are sharp with virtually no clean up required anywhere and all the bits slot togeher with ease

I have gone for a totally miserable and cold look to him, Eyes need detailing and finishing off;

20220107_112137_resized.jpg 20220107_112142_resized.jpg 20220107_112150_resized.jpg
    lievenwynants, malc, Martin64 and 8 others like this.
  2. Marcin Morawski Well-Known Member

Poland
    Awww. Poor guy! Looks good so far.
    Nap and Steve Brodie like this.
  3. El_principe Member

4. misfit151 A Fixture

Looking forward to more on this one Steve....(y). Mike
  5. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Looking good Steve! :)

Cheers,
    Ken
  6. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Steve

Well done he certainly looks miserable , reckon you could push the cold look more as well

Never painted any from Richard Bailey so see them here being painted is always interesting to follow

Look forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
  7. Banjer Well-Known Member

England
    Does anyone know anything about Richard Bailey? I only see his work on Bonapartes and have often wondered about his background.

Hope I am not hijacking your thread Steve.

Bill
    Steve Brodie likes this.
  8. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Nap, don't want to put to much more green / blue into him. may add a bit more red around the eyes on on the nose, once the eyes are done.
    Nap likes this.
  9. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

I have a couple of busts,picked up at Telford, got the French Hussar with Drummer boy 1812 to do. have to say you get a heck of a lot of superbly cast resin for your pennies., which requires the minimalist of clean up. They are both thoroughly nice chaps. At Telford they didn't have the lancer as a bust but a whole figure, but were more than happy to remove the legs and base from the box so I could take one away with me. customer service at its best.
    malc and Nap like this.
  10. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good start Steve. I'm working on a Richard Bailey sculpt from Bonapartes myself atm, and as you say, they are big chucks of resin, and great value.
    Looking forward to follow your progress.
  11. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Lots more painted since last update, hat, head scarf all had an acrylic base then oils over the top with a AK ultra Matte varnish applied, Red 'coat' was base coated in Acrylics (using Scale75 Tube Acrylics, cover superbly when thinned with their thinner), Oils painted in - still drying so look quite glossy at the mo;

[IMG]

Once the red has dried, will add more highlights
    Giwe, KenBoyle, Henk and 2 others like this.
  12. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Steve

Nice update on this , you've been busy for sure

Look forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
  13. Cannonball A Fixture

Nice going so far Steve. Looking forward to your progress.

Neal
  14. Giwe Active Member

Germany
    Looks very good so far!
  15. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Steve

How's this fellow getting along ?

Looking forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
  16. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Red Shirt(?) has dried now and has had a matt coat applied, so going to start on his blue coat very soon. then it will be the huge single piece of resin for his back to be attacked.
    Nap likes this.