1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Bonaparte Demi Ronde

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tecumsea, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    This is my first attempt at uploading onto Planet so I hope this works!

My second attempt at a Demi Ronde-so comments welcome-still need to work on the Blue, Catchlight in the eyes, and some highlighting to the Gold on the tassels and hat.

Attached Files:

2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Is this the G&M fig. Keith? If so I've just received two of the Dutch Musketeers this morning so I can imagine this being quite a weighty piece.

I like what you've done so far, the horse is really good. I'd go for some deeper shadows on the red cloak myself but it'd be still good if you ignore me :D

Roger.
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Roger,

Thanks for the comments,

This was given to me by a member at my local club. It is 90mm and sculped by J.Higgins, I don't know who he is/was but he also did some ACW figures and Indians I believe. Do you know of this manufacturer?
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looking great. It's a beautifull figure..

Marc
  5. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well done, Keith

Wow, a very nice rendering of David's famous painting of the famous
    Frenchman. You came thru fine on the posting process.

Mijami Jaybird
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Keith, your fig was sculpted by Gary Higgins (He's a is, not was :)) his figures form the G&M Miniatures range.
    If you go to the Historex Agents site and look at the discontinued section you will see G&M Miniatures, If you like your Napoleon they still have some other figs left and at very good prices.
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Keith, excellent painting, great blending and shading and I like the dappled grey horse, very nicely done. Look forward to more of your posts. (y)

Cheers Ken
  8. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Wow !! awesome painting Keith , congratulations

cheers

stefano
  9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful bit of painting Keith, hope to see some more now.
    Carl.
  10. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Keith

Looking good, you have put a lot of work into this. I would add a bit more shadow to the deepest parts of the red cloak, like the horse (y)

Cheers
    Tommi
  11. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Thanks Guys for your positive comments, these make a great change from painting rounds. No groundwork, no pinning, easy to handle. Not sure about venturing into flats but I think I will always have one of these on the work bench in future-Highly recommended.

Keith
  12. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Keith

Had a wee look at your stuff, very nice,
    like the demi ronde of Napoleon ,sometimes the action figures don't look that good in three dimension, prime example is the Lt Duedonne" not sure about that spelling " but I m sure you know the one, many manufacturers have tried it but it never comes across right, I always feel that the nonchalant pose looks better in three dimension so demi for the action shots looks good.

No doubt this will spark all sorts reactions but that is what a forum is for.

I think I will bring the mongol with me, he may keep me safe in London Lol

Ronnie
  13. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
  14. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great painted flat Keith! (y)

Cheers,
    Marcel.