1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Bonaparte 1, 2 and 3

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ivopreda, Feb 17, 2017.

1. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    strange title...

just finished to sculpt the Polish standard bearer I continue in my sculpting job before taking the brush...

I've three Bonaparte to sculpt

in Egypt on a camel
    in Egypt haranguing his troops before the battle " 40 centuries of history are watching you "
    the third during the Quintidi parade, in his red habit, continuing the series started with
    Lannes, http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/jean-lannes-1800.62023/#post-629543)
    Duroc http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/michel-duroc-bonaparte-adc-1800-revue-du-quintidi.77000/ and Bessieres

ok we could start with a portrait of Bonaparte
    napoleon_bonaparte_painting.jpg

in this moment I'm working on the first couple...
    the camel research was done using the iconography and some pictures of the Egyptian camel today to check the harness. Here some sketch made by Eugene Leliepvre
    6906des1.jpg 6906des2.jpg 6906des3.jpg download.jpg 1130535776_DSC_0033.jpg Chameau-de-Noel.jpg Egypte-Pyramides-Gizeh-LeCaire-WBC.jpg

next step I start the figure
  2. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Looks a very interesting project. Looking forward to see more of it!

Pierre
    anstontyke likes this.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very inspiring.

Marc
    anstontyke likes this.
  4. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    They will be as brilliant as all your others, Ivo, I'm pretty sure of that :LOL: Your choice of subjects always inspires.(y)

Alan
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. fabrizio19691969 A Fixture

6. Nap Moderator

England
    Looking forward to seeing tge camel version esoecially ....but all will be equally as amazing

Following

Nap
    anstontyke likes this.
  7. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    ok I continue... i did years ago a Bonaparte in Egypt that remain in the unfinished project. a picture can be interesting...

old 0551.jpg is still in his stage, doesn't mean that one day could be finished

I show you the above figure to explain that in some way i did some experience to make this figure

the camel version

I choose into Nemrod range the camel ( i practically bought any camel available on the market for this project:):) I have camels for years...)
    final choice also using the hussar legs. useful due to the position
    2017.02.14-01.jpg instead of terracotta I'm using grey-green milliput. I rebuilt the carpets on the saddle

2017.02.15-01.jpg 2017.02.15-03.jpg some progress, bust has been completed and the label fly
    offo, Viking Bob, arj and 11 others like this.
  8. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Again Ivo I'm really looking forward too seeing this piece finished and enjoying the work in progress very much too.
    Cheers
    Mat
    anstontyke likes this.
  9. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    anstontyke likes this.
  10. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Looking forward to seeing this one develop.
  11. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    till this moment you have seen the project 1... let me start also the n° 2

40 century are watching you was a famous speeche before the battle of the Piramyds... my project start from this speech and from attache drawing made by JOB
    JOB5.jpeg Bonaparte is haranguing the troops that are marching to the battle. I will make smoe change reversing the vignette

a Metal Modeles horse has been used to match the pose, and historex saddle and some terracotta for the cloth of the saddle

2017.02.14-12.jpg 2017.02.14-13.jpg 2017.02.14-14.jpg

man has been completely sculpt in Fimo green and some details were added in milliput grey green. Fimo is an excellent material except that needs to be cocked.

Not sure that the head will remain the same
    2017.02.18-01.jpg 2017.02.18-02.jpg 2017.02.18-03.jpg
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very inspirationel and Ivo, I always like what you are creating.

Marc
  13. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great work Ivo.
    Oda likes this.
  14. Oda A Fixture

This is a magic ride.Watching you work is extremely inspirational and as do all masters,you make it look and sound easy.But it is not!I love the idea and so far the execution is impeccable.I will follow with extreme interest.

Oda.
    peedee likes this.
  15. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
  16. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Brilliant:happy: This is going to look so good.

Alan
  17. El Tché Well-Known Member

18. Oda A Fixture

I echo the above gentlemen's opinion.Sensational!

Oda.
  19. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
  20. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ivo,
    Very ambitious and wonderful work. Thanks for posting it is always an inspiration.
    Cheer
    John
    Borek likes this.