Completed Boba Fett Finished Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by SPrimeau, Jul 2, 2014.

1. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    A couple years ago I started this bust from Knight Models. Some of you may remember I had to make a new jet pack for him because the kit piece was so badly warped and deformed. I also did some re-sculpting of the main bust and head to make it more accurate. It stayed on my desk collecting dust until recently when I had the notion to apply paint to him and this is what became of that-
    The research was fun on him. I used "The Dented Helmet" website which is a Boba Fett speciality site used by prop painters and costume people to get "authentic" looking Fett helmets and costumes. It is an interesting website for anyone interested in Boba Fett. I tried to paint this guy in the Return of the Jedi scheme (yes there is a difference in Fett between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi :wideyed:) because of the colorful Jet Pack. Being a Star Wars geek this was a lot of fun and I wish I hadn't waited so long to get him done- Anyway....
    I hope you like and any comments welcome, thanks for looking.
    Scott
    [IMG]
    Photos of my changes to Fett including the scratchbuilt pack next to the bad kit version.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    aknific, Blind Pew, sd0324 and 12 others like this.
  2. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Scott,
    I wondered what happen to this bust as I have the same myself & noted your changes as I will modify mine the same way. (Knight models have some quality issues!!) I have the Darth vader in the stash as well! :sneaky:
    Really like the mods & the paint job & you have definately captured the look. Topper!
    Mark D ;)
  3. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great work Scott.

Your weathering is first class Sir
    Keith
  4. kilsh Well-Known Member

England
    Scott

Lovely job and exceptional weathering

Cheers

Neil
  5. swralph A Fixture

Nicely done
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Slightly different shape to the helmet and armour, different colours and no back pack and he could be medieval. Great weathering.

Colin
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great work scott,really love the weathering (y)

Brian
  8. bucsfan21 Active Member

United-States
    Scott, Love your rendition of Boba Fett. :) Can you please share how you did the paint job on the body armor, helmet. I like the exposed metal look you gave the bust. Your pictures are super!

All the Best, Terry Martin-Member of Atlanta Miniature Figure Society
  9. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    Scott, Glad to see you back at it again. Super nice work on the painting and weathering. Nice build on the Jet Pack.
  10. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Hi Terry, I just painted the metallic chips in acrylic, mostly Reaper paints which have some great silver colored paints. I used Reaper flow improver as well.
    Thanks for all the comments guys!
    Scott
  11. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Nice job on the Fett man my friend. Very cool (and super nerdy) (y)
  12. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    "He's no use to me dead."
    SPrimeau likes this.
  13. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Ha, one of my favorite lines!