1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

BMSS Aldershot

Discussion in 'Miniature Clubs' started by mahross, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Frank

Be good to say hello again

Dave
  2. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I'll be bringing my camera, and toying with bringing tripod, lamp and a little photo setup as well........what do you think?
  3. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rob

I think that may be a must, try talking to Gerry Larkin, he may be able to arrange an area for you to set up in, I will email you his number later if you dont have it...

Dave
  4. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    cool......I don't have his number......:)
  5. mahross New Member

A good day was had by all. There were a few Pf members there and we all came away with our share of the glory. Especially Figure Mad (Dave Maddox) and Rob H (Rob Herring) taking quite a few awards. Both of them took pics so hopefully we shall see a few of them very soon. I was lucky to get a bronze in the Masters Class for a GW figure. One of the lurkers on this site, come on Gerry get posting ;) , took best of show with his DF Grieve Horatio Nelso. This was a uperb figure that really deserved the award. This is a show more modellers in the UK should try and make.

Ross :)
  6. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    It was a great day!!!!

Good to see all of you again and meet some new folks too (Ross, Clinton and other non-pF members!!!!!!)

Also, Callum Talbot (Callum) got some awards so as did Clinton Lammas (KiwiKid); It was Clinton's first competition so a big congrats to him. We'll re-name it The New Zealand Ex-Pats Model Society! And lets not forget Phil May (Nagashino), who also got an award. Frank Henson, Hardy Tempest and Roy Hunt were there too, but didn't enter.

Congrats to Gerry for BOS!

Photos not sorted yet............... :(
  7. nagashino New Member

Hi All

It was great to catch up with you all again and to make some new PF friends. Good to meet you Callum and Clinton, and well done both on your competition results.

Altogether a great little show (as always) and all credit to Gerry and the Aldershot BMSS crew for putting it together.

We're eagerly awaiting the pics Rob :lol:

Cheers all, and thanks again for an excellent day and a BIG injection of much needed enthusiasm!!

Phil
  8. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Yeah Rob, don't make us wait for the pics...like I did! :lol:

Congratulations to one and all!

Jim Patrick
  9. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Yes a good show, with a lot of good figure painters there for the day. Good to see you all again. Congratulations to Gerry for the BOS, (I know you are looking in), I took a few pictures of the day. unfortunately not best quality as the lighting was not the best, but I will see what I can do with them and post them, I now Robs will be a lot better.

Dave
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Congratulations guys...........awards well deserved.
  11. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Here are the photo’s that I took at Aldershot, not good quality but they came out OK, I know that Rob’s will be a lot better....

Dave

http://photos.yahoo.com/maddox65uk
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Great pics Dave. Looks like some great exhibits were there.
  13. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I spoke to Gerry before the show and arranged to bring a comedy makeshift photostudio along (made the night before from offcuts of wood!!).

I enjoy taking photos of miniatures, and thought I'd have a go at the sort of show that doesn't get classy photos taken. It's still a learning experience for me, and I'm discovering the need to slightly underexpose the pics and adjust in photoshop rather than over expose. A few pictures are probably too bright, and my lihghts were probably too close, but hey, we live and learn.

A quick resizing in PS and some levels adjustments, and here's three for starters:

Clinton Lammas's Special Forces Afghanistan
    [IMG]

Daves Maddox's Templar - shield detail
    [IMG]

Callum Talbot's Knight
    [IMG]

I also had some corrupted files..............but got over 60 pics of various exhibits. Be patient and I'll show you some more!
  14. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rob

Great pics mate, can’t wait to see some more, well done on your medals, I hope you get some more on here soon, then I can take mine off, they are not that great...

Dave
  15. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Great pics Dave and Rob. Errrr, Rob? you said that was a makeshift "studio" you used? Well, use it more! Your pics look absoutely fabulous! Wanna come over here and take pics? :lol: ;)

Thanks again Rob,
    Jim Patrick
  16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave, Thanks for posting the pictures.~Gary
  17. Flyingkiwi New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, really enjoyed my day including the big surprise of a medal :eek: Couldnt believe it! The hobby wont feel quite so solitary now I have put faces to names. Looking forward to repeating the experience at more shows hopefully. Pity none are a bit closer to me but no worries, an excuse maybe for some long weekends!
    Cheers again fellas
    Clinton
  18. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Dave, thanks for taking the pictures, I know it's a lot of work, we appreciate it.

Congratulations to our members who took home those well deserved awards. ;)

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  19. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Jim, glad you like them! It's amazing what you can put together sometimes! :lol: I'm going to try to get to some more shows; the smaller sort, and get some pics taken with my set up. And learn along the way!!!

Next time I'm at Euro I'll be paying close attention to the magazine photographers!
  20. mahross New Member

Here is a pic of the BoS. Horatio Nelson by Gerry Larkin, actually Gerry is the gent in the background of the pic :eek:

Ross :)

Attached Files: