1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Blues Miniatures Real Marine Bourbon 1854

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Watford, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    The link to an earlier thread gives some background to this particular figure http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/neapolis-miniatures-model-expo-2013.59355/#post-601368

I think the figure is a Neapolitan sailor of the Kingdoms of the Two Sicilies, although I could be very wrong.

I read a somewhat negative appraisal of the Neapolitan Navy of this period in comparsion to the navies of other States. However the comments referred to the ships rather than the sailors.

The 1854 date attributed to this figure puts it in a time frame when there was a lot of turmoil throughout the Italian peninsular but I am sure the uniform would have been similar to most navies in this region.

I don't think the sailor's uniform differed from those of the Italian Navy following the unification of Italy in 1860. So I think this figure could represent those Italian sailors who manned their battle stations against the Imperial Austrian Navy at the battle of Lissa 1866

Now down to the figure, which is sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi, for me that indicates a quality figure. The cast was clean but did require some cleaning up of mould lines, thankfully not on the face. There were 2 stubborn mould lines that took careful cleaning; one the outside of the right leg and the other was on the left arm! Anyway I was able to sort them out.

Although the figure was a limited run, if there are any spares I would recommend this figure plus it is sold in aid of a good cause.

[IMG]

I hope to post the painted figure later today.

Cheers
    Roy
    yeo_64, Wings5797, assassin's and 2 others like this.
  2. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Now that is a really nice figure.
    I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these, although as you say it may be difficult as it was limited.
    Looking forward to seeing your painted version :)
  3. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  4. swralph A Fixture

Nice looking kit.