1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

Completed Bloody Hurtgen, 35th scale original vignette

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is another piece I have finished lately. A 1/35th scale vignette from the battle of Hurtgen, a largely fogotten part of WWII, mostly due to right after the Germans started their Ardennes offensive.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack, kpk, Uruk-Hai and 11 others like this.
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
  4. housecarl Forum Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very well done Anders.
    Carl.
  5. Joseph Brubaker New Member

United-States
    What a great scene,love the ground work and base,thanks for posting...................
  6. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Anders,
    Nice to see some ww2 from you - and focusing on non combatants/medics too which is good to see from any modeller. The vignette is very fine.
    Thanks for posting all the sbs.
    Cheers Mat
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent vignette, Anders!

All the best,
    Dan
  8. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    You know how I feel about this one, Anders...just a special piece. Bravo!
  9. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Great idea and excecution of this scene.

Cheers David
  10. gioazz Active Member

Italy
    Great scene, very well done!
  11. Akritis Active Member

Greece
    I like it very...very much
  12. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Hi Anders, really like this one alot. What does the number on the helmet mean?
    Scott
  13. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Very dramatic scene Anders, I love it... and your sculpting and paint style to.(y)
  14. eissteban Active Member

France
    Hi Anders, nice to see you again (y)
    An original piece like i love it, superb :D
  15. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Impressive use of the base Anders (y) I like the conversion and differing levels
  16. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    I appreciate all your comments!

This piece was a bit of fun as well as a little tricky to complete! I am wanting to get into more of small vignettes and a bit of story telling with several figures as opposed to single figures. The problem when doing pieces like this is to make the engineering work out so that it is easy to paint, but also that it is easy to assemble once finished. The tricky part with this one was to line up all four hands, and I actually ended up having to sculpt the wrists once everything was painted and glued together, something which I am not really comfortable with doing. Fortunately it all worked out this time! It was a good piece to learn from and I hope to do more vignettes in the near future!

Scott,

According to the Genieva Conventions the Medics were non combatants, and as such they were supposed to have either their Red Cross number or the last 4 of their Army Serial Number written on their helmets. I am not sure exactly to what purpose, but perhaps so that the enemy could check up on their story or what not, it is a neat touch though and you don't see this too often in miniature so I thought it would be a neat touch to add to the vignette.
  17. kastigamatt Active Member

Italy
    well done!!!!!
    I like it ciao
    Luca
  18. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the response Anders. Your right it does add to the helmet and the piece overall. Good job again. If this piece makes it to Tulsa I hope to see it in person.
    Scott
  19. HiroshiAirborne Active Member

United-States
    Anders, this is superb! You did a fantastic job with everything, kudos on the details for the medic's helmet. The blood mixed with mud on the uniform really adds a layer to the story of how frantic and crazy it is to try and control a wound in the field. I love this, great work!

- Hiroshi
  20. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Thanks Anders - a great job here. Great realistic ground work.