1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Blood

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Larry R, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Larry R New Member

I am finishing a KGL officer and putting him on a base with a Guard Grenadier. I want to show some blood on thier swords and plattered on thier uniforms. I don't want it overdone and done want it to look like it was painted on. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Larry
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have found that theatrical make-up "Artificial Blood" does great for simulating blood. Check anywhere that rents or sells costumes or Holloween items.
  3. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    I'm using some mixes of rust, brow and yellow and a little red.. differnt mixer for fresh and old blood, different for blooded clothes and for blooded steel. For realistic blood on swords etc. You can use cotton pads or cotton sticks drenched in mix of pants. If that clarification is not clear ;) , i will try to make some photos..
  4. YellaMoon Member

United-States
    Hey, Larry
    I used a very dark red color for blood (acrylic). I made it very thin and just "touched" heae and there on the uniform. Because it's thinned the color of the uniform shows through as if the blood had soaked into the cloth.
    On a sword blade I also used very little blood but painted it as if the blood was "beading up" on the steel blade. In other words the blood doesn't soak into the blade so it should be kind of streaky drippy.
    To make blood splatter take the same color (or dark red brown for dried blood) and put some onto an old paintbrush and flick the bristles with your finger. Impprtant! Practice this on a piece of cardboard or something first. The little blood spots get bigger and smaller depending on how far away it is and how forceful you flick the bristles. It takes just one little flick to much to turn your battlehardened veteran into Freddy Kruger! Trust me :eek:
    See ya
    RWD
  5. Larry R New Member

LOL!! Thanks Rhodes, I'll try that and practice. Patrick had similar thoughts to your method. Thanks also goes out to Guy and sztarbi.