1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Bless the Home Guard.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tubby-Nuts2, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Our Mr Brown, has got off the eight twenty one, and is ready with his errr?

9B3FF026-424F-484E-B8EA-5AB9B1DD4FC4.jpeg

Stomach. Good grief.

Mark.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Bet that Luftwaffe officer was having a quiet snigger as well

Perhaps not the ideal image of a soldier !! ...reckon that's a sandwich hidden in the notebook as well

Nap
    Tubby-Nuts2 likes this.
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    I know who I'd put my money on in a toe to toe:blackeye:
    Nap, Helm, billyturnip and 1 other person like this.
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    https://www.facebook.com/worldwarin...thorities-in-berlin-changed/1759842544145530/

For those without FB

6 October 1941
    He thought he was going home .... but the authorities in Berlin changed their minds. He would have to wait another two years. (read more)
    "A German Luftwaffe officer POW disembarking in Newhaven, England glances contemptuously at a British guard, 1941"
    Facts found in our research :-
    Lt. Heinz-Georg Möllenbrok (aged 20) was shot down in his Dornier 17Z-2 (U5+LL) of 3./KG2 on 16 August 1940, on his 20th mission and seriously wounded (his right hand was crushed in his attempt to bail out) during the raid on RAF Hornchurch, Essex. He was the victim of British Hurricane pilot, Frederick "Taffy" Higginson of RAF No. 56 Sq..

He is seen here disembarking from the Hospital ship 'Dinard', the guard is an Intelligence Corps Sgt. and they are at Newhaven harbour in Sussex, UK on 6 October 1941. He and other seriously wounded German POWs were being repatriated to Germany via Sweden, but at the last moment Berlin decided to halt the exchange, as they weren't happy with the disparity in the numbers of Allied troops expected to return from German POW camps, so he and the others had to return to their Camps or Hospitals.
    A War Office announcement in London claimed that the ships would not sail because of a Berlin radio statement.
    The Berlin radio statement referred to was:
    "A British statement on the exchange of prisoners is considerably ahead of the facts. Only a partial exchange has so far been considered.
    Germany has declared herself ready to exchange about 100 prisoners. These prisoners are aboard the hospital ships at Newhaven. If they are brought over, Germany is ready to return an equivalent number. Diplomatic negotiations are in progress regarding further developments."

Although the German authorities agreed to the repatriation of 1,200 British POWs in September 1941, they cancelled the exchange when it was found that only 150 suitable German prisoners were available for return. Not until 23 October 1943 was a transfer of 5,000 British, Commonwealth and American repatriates arranged.
    Heinz-Georg Möllenbrok was returned to Germany in October 1943 and died in 2007 aged 87
    (Photo source - © IWM H 14474)
    Malindine E G (Lt)
    War Office official photographer
    Martin64 and DEL like this.
  5. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Bloody hell Roger! Where a earth did you find all that?

Mark.
    DEL and billyturnip like this.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    My wife calls it having too much time on my hands. :D
    Martin64, Nap, DEL and 1 other person like this.
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    Me too Del, he doesn't look like he's shy of getting stuck in that lad.
    Steve
    DEL and billyturnip like this.
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Great big NCO versus one handed Officer..... there's only going to be one result there.
    Int. Corps Sgt. looks like Luftwaffe Officers boss. :D
    DEL and Helm like this.
  9. jai A Fixture

Italy
    the prisoner does not seem to me the one with the flab .....the slim has little to ironize
    Tubby-Nuts2 likes this.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    What happened? They were on the same side in WWI!!!!

[IMG]
    Nap and Helm like this.
  11. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    One hand or three or even extra thumbs like Supersnad he wouldnt stand a chance. There's a sense of the butchers dog about Mr Brown
    Nap, Helm and billyturnip like this.