1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Blasts from the Past

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Nap, May 5, 2017.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

Just had to share these blasts from the past ...feel free to share anything else you find

Nap
    Martin64 and blaster like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Here's another couple

Nap
    Martin64, MCPWilk, blaster and 2 others like this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you for sharing some of your home movies with us Kev, it's much appreciated. :troll:
    Viking Bob, NigelR, Oda and 2 others like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    No problem ...as you could see Carole liked to dress up as well as me looking rather dapper ( very first one ! )

Nap
    NigelR and billyturnip like this.
  5. polyphemus Well-Known Member

There was a series of programs on the BBC called I think "It's a Small World", broadcast around 1975, typically around 5 or 10 minutes in length. One featured the work of Cesar Milani, one time frequent contributor to Military Modelling & mainly of Historex conversions. I've never come across that since.

Geoff
    Martin64, peedee, blaster and 3 others like this.
  6. rossbach PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Puts a smile on my face remembering days long gone!
    peedee, Oda and napoleonpeart like this.
  7. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Always great to see these. I wonder what they'd make of the stuff we have available today?
    peedee and napoleonpeart like this.
  8. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I well remember dear old Marcus Hinton,.....those Hinton-Hunt figures were 'of their day', and some of us used to call them "Squint and Grunt":LOL: Still have a couple of them at the back of the cabinet:rolleyes: When I look at them now......:wtf:

Alan
  9. oldtrousers PlanetFigure Supporter

Great stuff, thank you posting all of these.

Scott
  10. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    I really enjoyed seeing these classic mini-documentaries. I too wonder what these modelers would think about some of the new releases available today. It's also interesting to see how hobbies like this were once considered a worthy pastime for a gentlemen (or lady) of substance. Makes me wonder what future generations will think of us and our small obsession?
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Here's one featuring the great Robert Symes and the then chairman of the British Model Soldier Society Roy Dilley ( figures at about 5.29 )

Nap
  12. polyphemus Well-Known Member

There was the BBC "Model World" series from the mid 70's.There were two episodes dedicated to military modelling/wargaming etc. Unfortunately only the model railway episodes have been loaded on youtube. The wargaming episode on Waterloo is one of a number of programs made by Tyne Tees tv. Most if not all have been loaded on youtube.

Geoff
    blaster and Nap like this.
  13. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'd love to see that of Cesare Geoff !
    Roy Dilley did segments for Pebble Mill at One as well.
  14. Troy Smith New Member

Cesar Milani posted here as part of a BBC archive,

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1948360708588140

cheers!
    blaster and oldtrousers like this.
  15. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Perfect time to break out the oldies Nap.....Might get the juices flowing for a bunch of us. But I'm only speaking for myself.

Wayne

:)
  16. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Kevin

Tx for starting this thread with these old videos. I love them. Those guys really knew how to revel in their hobby.

Rgds Victor