1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Blast from the Past

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Paul Kernan, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    I always get a blast from seeing some of the older gems our members pull out from their grey armies. I decided to put most of my current projects on hold (may not be a wise move on my part!) and dig into my stash to see what I had to offer. This is a D.F. Grieve 65mm figure of an old tar from the Naval Brigade, Sudan. I think it still holds up well, even after all these years.

Looking at the pics, I realise I've lost the clay pipe that came with it. So a bit of putty to repair the mouth and cartridge pouch, the addition of ribbons to the bonnet and I should be good to go.

I am notoriously slow with my output but I will post photo updates as I go along. Have patience:rolleyes:

IMG_2742.jpg

Attached Files:

Wings5797, tiberius57 and crf like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    David Grieve Royal Navy Egypt.(y)
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Always regretted not buying this one.
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I bought this on Ebay just last week together with another of DFG's 65mm's

I don't think he ever produced a poor figure.

Keith
  5. F Troop Active Member

United-States
    Paul

Will be looking for your progress pics. I have this one in my grey army along with several others. Just toying with the idea of doing the mounted camel trooper the other day. Love that old Grieves 65mm line.

Rick in Virginia
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  6. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Rick

Part of the reason I did post the pics here, was to put pressure on myself to actually paint the damn thing(y)
  7. swralph A Fixture

8. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    I don't know how I missed this thread but I will watch closely.
    Good luck with it mate! I'm sure the final result will be top class.
    Cheers my friend,
    Zeno
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  9. F Troop Active Member

United-States
    Pressure Paul Pressure..........just helping ;)
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  10. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Guys...I have a couple of sessions planned this week. I'm trying to finish up a bust I've been working on but will probably push some paint around the sailor at the same time(y)
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Paul ,

A lovely figure ..DG figures always hold their own I feel ...nice subject as well and not too much to do before you begin painting .

Looking forward to the updates

Nap
  12. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Opinion, anyone???......I'm having mixed thoughts on the 'bib'. Is this supposed to represent a double bib or is it simply too much metal in the casting process. To shave or not? (I'm leaning to the former)

Attached Files:

13. Wings5797 A Fixture

France