1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Blacksun 1/12 Razgor the Warbringer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kagemusha, Jun 3, 2020.

1. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's a fair while since I have been at the bench...what with moving from Surrey to Lincolnshire...and actually finding a suitable area to work from...added to which...I simply could not find a piece that really 'grabbed' me.
    Then I came across this piece from 'Blacksun'...the 1/12 bust of Razgor the Warbringer
    Razgor-14-e1565025345153.jpg

...sculpted by Joaquin Palacios...cast by BrokenToad and...I have to say...sculpting and casting are...IMHO...superb...as you can see in these quick pics...
    IMG_5095.JPG IMG_5096.JPG IMG_5097.JPG IMG_5098.JPG IMG_5099.JPG

What drew me to this piece more than anything was that...with a few changes and some modifying...it might be possible to lift him from the pure fantasy aspect...and introduce a 'human' feel to him.
    Something along the lines of a Nordic 'Beserker'.
    With all this in mind I thought he would be a great subject for a good old SBS.....

to be continued.....
    Nap, Borek, KenBoyle and 3 others like this.
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    I knew this was coming and have been looking forward to it for a couple of weeks.
    There's always something new to learn from Rons SBS's.
    Derek
    kagemusha likes this.
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one Ron (y)
    Cheers
    Steve
    kagemusha likes this.
  4. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    As usual...you were a great sounding board about my ideas for this piece prior to it arriving...and we both know who's responsible for this SBS :sneaky:
    I do have a couple of new tricks up my sleeve for him though :whistle:
    DEL likes this.
  5. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Steve...will try not to disappoint mate :unsure:
    1969 likes this.
  6. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I am using this pic as a guide to some of the changes I intend to make...
    ignatov-viking copy.jpg

The most obvious change being the supplied cleaver in his left hand into an axe...with another being the addition of a scratch built shield...which should balance him up with the huge hammer in his right hand. As for 'humanising' him...removing the orc 'fangs'...and altering the pointy ears should do it nicely...but there are still a number of changes I want to make in order to bring a bit more believability and balance to the piece over all...which means this SBS will cover a lot more areas than I normally include.

to be continued.....
    Nap and Borek like this.
  7. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Hi Ron :). Very promising and exciting. I'm sitting, I'm not even breathing, and I'm looking forward :)

Cheers Borek
    kagemusha likes this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Ron

Great to have you at the bench hope the move went well

Thanks for taking the time to get a SBS going ...it's always great to see how it's done ........the way yiur

Look forward to more on this ...following ...and breathing ...hopefully Borek is as well ...lol

Thanks for sharing

Why not enter something into FOTM here :

https://www.planetfigure.com/posts/1074231/

And vote in the previous month here :

https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/vote-here-for-mays-fotm-ends-midnight-bst-30-06-20.236553/

Happy benchtime

Nap
    kagemusha likes this.