1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Blacksmith or....

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Before I get the kits from my two new figures I want to show the masters and "our" ideas behind them here

Alan Ball had sculpted after the german soldier, whom you can see on the photo, a 54 mm german blacksmith

Ont he first photo you can see a "transportable Feldschmiede" too. With the help of a friend in Australian I got contact to a collector in the USA. The collector had an old restored "Feldschmiede" in his collection and had send me same photos and the seizes.

A very good friend (a little bit crazy one ;)) had made a modell. We hope that Adam can make copies from the master, because it is very filigree

And as I showed Roger my new master he asked if the german army had "Küfer" (coopers) and send me a photo where on of the soldiers looks like my blacksmith

So I had make some tools for a cooper and tried to get some wooden barrels. The tools were used to fix the rings at the correct place. You can change later the tools in the left hand of the blacksmith

So I think I can offer and paint a blacksmith with or without the "Feldschmiede" and a "Küfer" with three different wooden barrels

Attached Files:

2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Ulrich

A great subject matter , good idea and nice work all over , is there just the one cap option?

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    anstontyke likes this.
  3. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice and different.
    anstontyke likes this.
  4. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks.

Nap: Only one head with one cap
    anstontyke and napoleonpeart like this.
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Very nice, Ulrich (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)! When is the expected release date for the public to purchase a set :p?
    I am definitely interested in getting one myself. Cheers!
    Kenneth.
    anstontyke likes this.
  6. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    I hope first weekend in February for the show in Ransart
    yeo_64 and anstontyke like this.
  7. Oda A Fixture

Subjects that take the viewer away from the battlefield and towards the more mundane,everyday aspects of a soldier's life are at least interesting.Yours is downright fascinating and inspiring.Absolutely love it(great research too).

Oda.
    Ulrich and anstontyke like this.
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks Oda. Hope that everything will work at the caster
    Oda likes this.
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Terrific and original model-making! What a great idea!

All the best,
    Dan