1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Black Watch NCO--120mm resin

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by lock-n-load, Mar 10, 2009.

1. lock-n-load Active Member

United-States
    Hello fellow Planeteers:
    I recently purchased this figure from a friend and have some questions. Supposedly it is a NCO/soldier of the Black watch, in 1944, but advertised other places as being at "the Rhine". Didn't the Rhine get crossed in 1945? Anyone know how accurate this figure is? What kind of uniform would he be wearing? What color would it be? Would he have a canteen? (none is included in the kit?). If so, anyone know of a source for scale parts (canteen, other kit items?). besides the shovel, what other gear would he be carrying? If he were carrying a scoped Enfield, would that make him a "sniper"? Would a sniper hold the rank of a non-com,typically?
    If anyone can offer any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Attached Files:

2. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Looks like a Michael Cory figure, and his figures are really amazing, so much detail. As a retired Infantry NCO, I can tell you that you always carried canteens in the field and I am sure that applied to the second world war. Dont know if that helped any
  3. RFL Active Member

United-States
    All You Need On The WW II British Army Uniforms Is Here

and probably is less then the cost of the figure.

1944-45 BRITISH SOLDIER, VOL 1 (Hardcover)
    by Jean Bouchery (Author)

Attached Files:

4. J B New Member

United-States
    See if this works.. C:\Users\Boyton's PC\Pictures\WWII.
    If not check your mail.
    Best regards, John.
  5. lock-n-load Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Rich, I will check on Amazon and see if this is available for a reasonable price. It looks pretty useful.
    Thanks, John. I took you up on your offer.
  6. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Amazing sculpt! very realistic