1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Black Prince Update

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by KeithP, Jun 19, 2004.

1. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Well, Mike Blank I ain't...

Here are some add'l in process shots. Armor is complete except for weathering.
    Some of the shade and highlights laid down on black surcoat. Photo's don't seem to show them.

Black sucks...

Acrylic base of ax shaft and leather belts laid down over the past couple pf days.

Comments and especially suggestions or crticisms welcome... really :)

Thanks for viewing :)

Keith

Attached Files:

2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Numbed two :)

Attached Files:

3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Number 3.

Sword in process.

The shades on the gold are done but the highs are not.

I tried to add "cuts" to the sheath by the adding a high highlight and a shadow on top. Needs work... :(

Thanks!

Keith

Attached Files:

4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He is looking great Keith.....chain mail and tunic are beautiful.........look fwd to seeing him done. How are you going to mount him? Groundwork wise?
  5. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Kieth, I can see your highlights and shadows in the black tunic. It's looking good. I like the way the helmet turned out. One thing I'd do though. Possibly add some more highlights and shadows to your mail. Maybe it's just me but I look at it and see two, maybe three colors. Not far off mind you, just take your highs and shadows a little more. Other than that, I see very little wrong with this figure. On of Verlindens best in my opinion. In any case, keep up the good work and let us see what you do!

Thanks,
    Jim Patrick
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Keith,you might not be Mike Blank,but your knight looks pretty good.
    seriously,your doing a good job.

keep up the good work.

Roc. :)
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the comments.\
    Guy-I have a real nice S&T base for this fellow. Base has only been scored and drilled for feet. He'll be in a muddy field some where in Europe ;)

Jim- I'll take your suggestions on the mail. Good idea. I think he needs a light touch of rust, too.

Roc-Thanks!

Keith
  8. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hmmm......black sucks........
    Seems at least to fill 95% of my wardrobe. But I only wear black until they invent a darker colour. ;)

It looks good so far. Ive also been inspired to do the Black Prince in his coat of piece ever since I saw Mike Blanks rendition a few years ago. I saw his effigy with the coat of arms in Canterbury when I visited my first Euro Militaire. Later Ive been told though that they were replicas that was on the public display.

How are you going to do the feathers?

Do we know of any other figures of Edward that could be painted as his coat of peace other than the Andrea one Mike did, and this Verlinden kit?
  9. mvonb Member

Keith, I love the black on the surcoat. Did you highlight it with flesh in the mix? It has a great warmth to the highlight.
  10. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Janne- I got fooled on this one myself. This really is not Edward the Black Prince of Crecy fame. VL just tucked that name on to the piece :lol: He has none of the heraldry or harnness associated with Edward. Actually, came with a very odd heraldry on the shield which I never did learn who or what it was associated with.

I don't know of another Ed piece like you describe. Metal Models or Elite has another Ed in 90 in full plate cap a pied.

Martin-
    Thank you for the comments on the black. I used flat brown and tan yellow for the highs. For my next black figure, I'll try flesh added to black for the highs. I toyed with that idea but the flat brown / tan yellow worked well on a german tanker jacket in 54 mm. Didn't translate quite as well to 120 mm...

Thanks, guys!

Keith