1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Black Prince Done!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by KeithP, Aug 6, 2004.

1. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I had a "burst" :eek: (can I say burst?) of energy tonight and finished this guy off. :)

Lots of probs in ass'y but tons of fun to paint. It reminded me of how much I enjoy medieval history.

Anyway... pls give comments and especially areas that I can improve my next fig.

Thanks, bros...

Keith

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks great Keith.........can't see any area that needs attention......ya did good (y)
  3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Thanks here's a few more... 2 of 4

Attached Files:

4. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    3 of 4

Attached Files:

5. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    And, 4 of 4.

Thanks for viewing! :)

Keith

Attached Files:

6. Brad S Member

Keith

That Looks awesome! I like everything about it. How did you do such a smooth job on the helmet?

Brad Spelts
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Keith!

Great work there. It is very nice, I especially like the way the helmet came out, it is very nice and I think you handeled the blacks very well!
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey keith , good work, looks great, I like the way you weathered the shield. (y)

Keep up the good work.

Roc. :)
  9. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Guy - Thanks again. I appreciate all the input that you have given me. :)

Brad - The mail, plate and helm are all GS Mr metal. The gold is printers inks. I used the Augie R. method from MedRom. The mixes are listed in my earlier in process thread of this fellow.

Anders - Thanks for the comments on the black. I am not totally happy with how the black turned out. But, there is always next time! :lol:

Roc - Do the leathers look familiar? I used a your mixes from your earlier Roman SBS. I was very pleased with how they turned out. Thank you for your comments on the shield, too!

Keith
  10. Patrick Kirk New Member

Looks great Keith...how did you get the effect on the shield...very nice!

All the best

Patrick
  11. amherbert Member

Hi Keith.

He looks great. The colors are marvelous, and the shield and scabbard are striking.

Nice work.

Andy
  12. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Patrick - Thanks for the comments. For the shield and the rest of the mud dust, I applied a little water to the spot I wanted to have mud/dust and then tapped in a muddy acrylic color. The paint sort of flows in to the damp sections. I used ochre, flat earth, umber and black acrylics.

Andy - Thanks! It was fun to paint this one!

Keith
  13. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Keith.
    Great painting on the black prince.
    I like a lot the weathering effects and the faded look of the shield paint.
    Can't see anything wrong in your blacks.
    The metal work is awesome.
    Best regards
    jaume
  14. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Jaume-

I appreciate your kind words.

Keith
  15. DrLutz Member

Israel
    Keith
    He looks great! I can't take my eyes of him.
    What will be the next project?

The best wishes
    DrLutz
  16. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Vlad-

Thank you very much. I appreciate you checking him out!

I have almost completed the flesh and hair on the Michael Roberts 100 mm Naval Brigade Officer, 1879. Very nicely sculpted minimalist figure. Been a real pleasure to put together and paint. I hope to have some pics next week.

I am also working on that Pegaso 54 mm Teutonic Grand Master that we exchanged emails on the heraldry. Another nice fig. Unfortunately, his right arm and spear fell off my work bench yesterday :( . So, had to strip back and rework.

Keith
  17. brentonrj New Member

Mate!

Well DONE!!! :)

You can tell from the photos that you've focused on the details and thought about each step along the way. I think you should be very proud of the finish you've achieved on the black tunic; never an easy effect to accomplish no matter what your level of experience.

Look forward to seeing your next project.
    Cheers
    Brenton
  18. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Brenton-

Thanks for the nice comments and observations.

I will hopefully have some shots of the Naval Officer next week.
    What about you? What's after that Briton we saw earlier?

Keith
  19. brentonrj New Member

Hi Keith,

My next project is to finally finish the 90mm Pegaso 'Caesar on horse' I started some 12 months ago.

The hurdle with this figure is the construction and painting of parts. I think I'll start on the face very soon.

First, however, I have to finish an old aircraft carrier deck diorama for the father in law!! Due: 28th August.

Look forward to checking out the naval officers
    Keep up the great work!
    Cheers
    Brenton
  20. Hardy Guest

Great job especially on the black :)