1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Black Dog brand busts

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by ranchhand, Feb 23, 2016.

1. ranchhand Active Member

United-States
    Hola again!
    Just wanted to see if anyone has taken a look at black dogs line of busts? the armor conversion kits have been pretty good for me, just wondering how their busts where and if anyone here had painted them. thanks much.
  2. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    The busts are very good indeed.well worth a look at

Nap
  4. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Can second the above comments. Some of the Black Dog busts are sculpted by Pavol Ovecka, Offo here on the Planet, and are top notch.
    Piet
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi ,

Just did a search on e bay as blackdog busts ...came up with lots mainly from Australia and US shops

Nap
  6. ranchhand Active Member

United-States
    Thanks much for the info, I like the looks of the soviet tanker bust but couldn't find any reviews of it. I am always a bit wary about aftermarket kit makers figures ( was burned by verlinden a long time ago )
  7. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    I have the Soviet tanker bust waiting on my workbench and it really is as good as they get, three parts head torso and an helmet strap, cast in good quality grey resin with very fine detail. The face is particularly expressive and luckily it doesn't represent some Hollywood lookalike. I'd recommend it without hesitation and no, I'm not on Black Dog's payroll! I admit to being a fan of Pavol's sculpture though.
    cheers,
    Piet