1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Björneborgs Rgt 1808

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MikkoH, Feb 19, 2006.

1. MikkoH Member

Finland
    Hello folks. Heres my latest coversion. Again I used Airfix 1/32 Napoleonic french line infantryman. It's presenting finnish Björneborgs regt during russo swedish war 1808. It's not finished yet but comments are very wellcome!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Cheers Mikko
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    From what I can see it looks nice, but the pictures don't give me a good view.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  3. MikkoH Member

Finland
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

little bit bigger and "better" pics.
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Mikko, much better view, you did a good a job.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  5. MikkoH Member

Finland
    Thanks Roc! As soon I get him finished I do get better pics with better light.

Cheers Mikko
  6. joachim lindman New Member

Good job there Mikko. I like that period of our common history and are thinking of doing something in that alley. Can you recommend some reference litteratur on uniforms, weapons etc? My Finnish is kind of rusty (or non existent if you will) so if there is something in English or Swedish that you know of?

All the best
    Joachim
  7. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Those old Airfix figures are very versatile & easy to convert - good example Mikko.
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mikko, Interesting subject for a conversion. Though it's a little hard to see from the pictures, it looks well done.~Gary
  9. MikkoH Member

Finland
    Tack so mycket Joachimm. For 1808-9 swedish uniforms the best book is Uniform och Dräkt. It tells a story of swedish uniforms fom middle ages to 20th century. Of course helps in finnish uniforms also. But for finnish uniforms is the best Ole Gripenbergs Finska Krigsmannbeklädnat. It's written in swedish(as is almost all books conserning history of Sweden-Finland). Also on net is some pages. Also I can be help as much I can. I have been studying Swedish-Finnish uniformology but can't say being master in it.=)

Thank you dave. I have also found multiposes very useful.

Thank you gary. Try to do my best to get better quality pictures. Still learning.=)

Cheers Mikko
  10. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nicely done.
  11. joachim lindman New Member

Thanks for the info Mikko. I have Dräkt och uniform and that is a very good reference book. I´ll try and find Finsk krigsmansbeklädnad on the net. Thanks.

Joachim :)
  12. MikkoH Member

Finland
    Great! But beware, theres some errors on Gripenbergs book. But it's good start!

Cheers Mikko
  13. kovanen New Member

Nice work Mikko but we want better pictures!!

Petri