1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Birdman of Badajoz"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Kenneth,

perfect base !!!

(y) (y) (y)

I keep close....

Cheers,
    Markus
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Kenneth. I look forward to seeing the figure done next.
  3. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    THANK YOU very much,Markus !!! I'm really humbled by the support that I am getting so for for my project. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  4. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Guy;I promise you,the figure will DEFINITELY be next ! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    I really like the idea the composiotion the elements and the way it rpoceeds through!!! i also tried to locate thes birdies but no chance on Minie Balls site . Also this nice rabbit ..hm ? any chance finding it ?
  6. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Costas ! Thank you very much for the encouragement;I really appreciate it ! Have you tried getting the birds from Military Miniature Warehouse ? That's where I got mine from in the first place. As for the rabbit,it actually comes from Reaper Miniatures' "Familiars Set 2",a RPG gaming item !! I used it as it had excellent details and was a real joy to paint up. HTH,my friend. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  7. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Man Kenneth, that grass really sets the groundwork off. I'll never use anything else again. Good job (y)

Jim Patrick
  8. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Same here,Jim,same here :lol: :lol: !! Somehow the dried seaweed takes paint MUCH better than the standard Static Grass used by most modellers. I know I'm a convert now. Cheers !
    Kenneth :) .
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, my friend, very nice ground work, looks convincing.
    Looking forward to your next step.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  10. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thank You very much,Roc :lol: ;I REALLY appreciate the encouragement ! I'm working on the figure itself now,plus the nameplate for the vignette,so I should have some more photos to post on-line soon. Cheers !
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    kenneth, That ground work is really nice. I really like the composition you've come up with. If the painted figure looks like his surroundings this will be your best yet.~Gary
  12. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Gary; I really hope that I won't disappoint there !! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  13. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Well,guys,I'm happy to say that the "Birdman" is finally finished :lol: ! It's been an enjoyable project and I'm really humbled by all the encouragement that has been given to me by the members here. Thanks for looking and cheers !
    Kenneth :)

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
  14. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Sorry,my computer submitted a double posting :( :( !!
    Kenneth ;) .
  15. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    That's a great piece of work Yeo. I knew that i wouldn't get dissapointed when you finished this beauty. So here you are with an indeed excellent piece.
    I can't wait to see more of your creations.

Xenofon
  16. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth,

I have to say that you have improved quite a bit since your first attempt. I think you are on the right track and if you just work on a few different areas you will be quite impressed yourself. I think and have said this before, this is your best work to date. Keep on doing what you enjoy. :)

Joe
  17. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Xenofon,my friend,thank you very much for the encouragement;I REALLY appreciate it :lol: :lol: !! Cheers !
  18. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Joe,my friend,thank you very much :lol: :lol: !! With GREAT guys such as yourself here on the "planet" to consult whenever I hit a snag or two in my projects,I'll DEFINITELY seek to improve with every model that I build. Cheers !
  19. Marijn Van Gils New Member

Hell Kenneth,

great piece! Very nice idea, and the grounwork is really good. I like also the composition and attachment of the birds.

Keep up the good work!

Marijn
  20. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey Marijn :lol: ! Thank you very much for the encouraging comments,my friend;I really appreciate it :) !! Cheers !
    Kenneth.