1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Birdman of Badajoz"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Hello Kenneth, another nice "short history" here.

Good work friend.

Alex.
  2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Alex;I really appreciate the encouragement ! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  3. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Kenneth.........I'm really sorry to have missed this one.......forgive me pls :(

You really put me to shame with your awesome and fantastic speed :eek:

Waiting for more, and KEEP IT UP mate........

Ray ;)
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Ray :lol: ! So nice to hear from you again. Thank you very much,my friend,and,please,no apologies are necessary :) . You guys are the ones who inspire me the most when it comes to subjects like these ! Cheers !
    Kenneth :)
  5. poch mahone Active Member

Scotland
    Hi Kenneth,

This must be your best creation yet. I think your groundwork is fantastic, I love the lizard climbing up the back of the wall. Like everybody else, I cant wait to see it painted. I only wish I was as prolific as yourself.

Brian
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Brian;I really appreciate the encouragement ! I've just primed the various elements of the vignette earlier this evening and hope to be able to start the painting process soon. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :) ! Well,after priming the various elements of the vignette,I decided to go back and "tweak" the groundwork a little bit more. Here,then,is the final set-up of the scene. Next-up will be the painting phase. Thanks for looking and cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
  8. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Kenneth,

this scene is coming out better and better. Every pic I see I like it more and more. All this little details and this lovley animals.... :) Very good work.

I´m looking forward to see your next steps.

Sunny regards,
    Markus
  9. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Awesome (y)
    Can't wait to see next step :)

cheers
    Artur
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Markus,my friend,thank you so very much for the encouragement ; I really appreciate them !! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Artur :lol: :lol: !! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  12. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Pretty cool i dea and perfect execution

Costas
  13. Pete_H New Member

Sorry, but I still think the anatomy looks way too out of proportion - far too much on the skinny side and in an unrelaxed pose for someone who's kicking back in the company of birds. Take this as you wish, but it's intended to be encouragement towards doing a better job. Thicken the arms & legs a lot more and you've got a really good project going.
  14. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Maybe I missed it Pete, but I didn't see any previous posts about the anatomy being off. Not that I could have missed it, which Iv'e done before, I just don't remember a post talking about the anatomy being off. You bring up a perfectly valid point though. I have to be honest. I can't see the anatomy being off in pictures. Not that it isn't, I'm just not a sculptor (of ANYTHING :( :lol: !) so , to me, it's hard to see these things. Can you be more specific about how the anatomy is off? Possibly show us either with drawings, pictures or give Kenetth (and the rest of pF) specific examples of what you are talking about so that we all can learn? Thanks for your input Pete. I don't mean to sound short, it's just that we all can learn a lot from you ;) .

Jim Patrick
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Not having PeteH's sculpting expertise, I do not see where the anatomy is off any. I see a thin, skinny soldier feeding the birds. Are all soldiers supposed to be heavier, chunky individuals? He looks fine to me Kenneth. I look forward to seeing him painted.
  16. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Costas;I really appreciate the encouragement !! Cheers !
    Kenneth. :lol:
  17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Pete,my friend,thank you ever so much for the feedback;I really appreciate it. I meant for the soldier to be on the thin side as he has just survived a gruelling few months in the Peninsular facing off with the French. He's actually being surprised by the birds during his meal amongst the house ruins,and is just only deciding to give them a bite to eat,hence the "tense" pose on the window sill. All things considered,though,you're still more experienced than me in this "department" so all comments and help will be greatly appreciated,Pete. So,Pete,perhaps a drawing or two that illustrates your point might help me in my next project on the vBench. Thanks and cheers !
  18. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey,Jim,thanks for the encouragement,buddy;I really appreciate it :lol: !! Honest feedback always helps a person to improve and I'm able to get to where I am today in so short a time is due to the help of GREAT guys like yourself on the "planet" ! Thanks and cheers !
  19. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Guy;I'm in the process of doing that now and hope to post some in-progress photos soon. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  20. Pete_H New Member

Sarcasm aside, here are a few brief observations (it's been a really busy day at work and it's not over yet):
    1. it appears that he's partially sitting on a flat ledge, leaving his left buttcheek hanging off of it (sorry for the crudeness of my language). If this is so, it would be mighty uncomfortable; but if he is going to sit like that, then his body weight would naturally shift towards his left side, causing the left hip to sag at an angle. His pelvis would then rotate clockwise.
    2. if he is going to be sitting that way, then his left leg would be supporting much of his weight, thus putting it under significant stress. It would be more natural for the left leg to be almost perfectly straight and rigid instead of bent at the knee.
    3. either his buttocks is well below his waistline - in the picture, it appears to be halfway down towards the back of the knees - or he doesn't appear to be supporting any body weight on it. If he were, he'd be sitting lower on the wall and have his legs bent more at the knees.
    4. even though presenting the soldier a bit on the thin side is a pretty good idea, here it appears that the limbs are way too thin. Look particularly at the right leg - it appears that the leg is thinner than the knee. The same can be said about the arms and elbows.
    5. a bent knee has more of a round curvature to it instead of a sharp edge as is the case here.
    6. this one has nothing to do with anatomy, but here goes: what are the birds perched on? A bird would not perch itself at an angle along the rocks - it would undoubtedly fall to the ground ;) Perhaps putting some thick vines or something along these lines growing out of the rocks for the birds to be perched on would work better.

Just a few thoughts. Perhaps too late for this one, but everything's a learning experience for the next project ;)