1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Bill's Latest Creation

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Billhoran, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    I just recieved an email from Bill with pictures of his latest creation. General “Mad Anthony” Wayne, at the Battle of Fallen Timbers, 1794.

Many thanks Bill for sharing this figure.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Bill's Planet Portfolio
  2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Bill, another fantastic looking figure from you desk! I know you use a lot of hornet heads but this doesn't seem to be on this time. Almost "Napoleon-ish". What did you use for the head?

Thanks,
    Jim Patrick
  3. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    Actually, it is a Hornet head - the same one I used for the Mexican Infantryman. I filled out the cheeks and added a bit of a double chin, thicker nose, reworked eyes and brow line.

Bill
  4. georges64 Member

France
    You are the Best Bill :eek: :(

georges64
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Damn that's cool. I've resently been doing research on the period for an article I'm writing, so it's neat to see a representation of the Genl.
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Fantastic work as always Bill. Another master class piece. :)
  7. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Bill

Another beautifully balanced pose.

Dave
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    woohoo thats a super one indeed !!!! Thanks for sharing Bill
  9. Juan Avila New Member

I like very much Bill this figure thanks for sharing to us. Only one question how long have you spent for making one figure...?
  10. marvin Member

Netherlands
    ... wow.... don't know who this historical figure is, but he definitely looks 'mad'

good stuff

Marvin
  11. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    gorgeous! (y)

have you any progress pics? - the putty pushers here enjoy the raw piece as much as the painted ones! ;)
  12. Kreston Active Member

United-States
    Excellent work, Bill. I really like the pose on this figure.

Kreston
  13. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    Sorry, no prograss shots for this one. I was going to take a picture before I primed him, but I was in a hurry to get him prepared to be painted the next day and forgot.

Juan, he took about 12 hours to sculpt and about 16 to paint. With groundwork, probably 30 hours.

The reference was a print by Charles McBarron issued by te US Government Printing office. I'll post it as well. The prints are in sets and are really cheap (I think like $10/set or less).

Bill
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Here is the Company of Military Historians Plate used as a reference for Anthony Wayne. Artist is the great Charles McBarron.

Bill

[IMG]

Bill's Planet Portfolio
  15. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    I never would have guessed it was a Hornet head. You have done an excellent job (again) of capturing a pose full of animation. One of these days I'll see your figures in the flesh.

Thanks,
    Jim Patrick
  16. Robert Merz New Member

17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Bill, (y) (y) (y) job,as always !!! Thanks for sharing it with us. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  18. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I like this one alot. Mad Anthony has been a fav historical figure for me. :)

Keith
  19. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Remarkable, as always.

I've just bought your book - it's really informative. I'm a novice painter/sculptor and I'm finding I have to read paragraphs 2 and 3 times to get all the "gems of wisdom".

Thanks very much for sharing the figure and writing the book!

All the best,
    Dan
  20. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Bill, you never cease to amaze me . No wonder I'm a great admirer of your work.

Stephen Mallia