1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Bill Horan's Latest Figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Billhoran, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    I just got an email from Bill and attached were these photos of his latest creation. Here is the email and photos:

Guy,

I wanted to share the attached photos with the folks on the Planet. This is an Austrian Gemeiner of the 59th Infantry Regiment during the 1848-49 campaign in Italy. The rifle is an Austrian Lorenz – a slightly modified Shenandoah Springfield.

Bill

[IMG]

[IMG]

Bill's Planet Portfolio

Thanks from all the planeteers, Bill ...........we appreciate it.
  2. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    beautifully painted and sculpted Bill. Just what we have come to expect from you. Can't wait to see some more eye candy from you. Dano. ;)
  3. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Just PERFECT Mr Horan, thanks for sharing, I learn more whit your works.

Alex.
  4. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Always inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

Taesung
  5. Automata Member

United-States
    Excellent work as usual Bill!

Barry
  6. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    He got blue jeans??.......great figure!!

ER
  7. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Interesting figure from an interesting period of European history, and VERY well done as usual, Bill !

I see you discovered the history of the unification of Italy as well - any chance you'll do some figures of the battles of Solferino etc . ?
  8. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent Bill

Can't believe you've done this figure in such a short space of time!!!!

Do you ever take a break?

Rob
  9. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    Yes, Rob of course I take breaks. Last week I took a break to make 20 Franco Prussian War spare parts! Seriously, when I get on one of these motivation/enthusiasm rolls like I am right now, I need to ride it out. This is when I do some of my best work.

Bill
  10. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Glad you're on a roll right now! Good news for all of us!

I think I suffer from burnout on projects, and it could be as short a time frame as you take to complete a figure.......maybe why I never finish a project (or rarely, anyway). Think I need to organise myself more! :)
  11. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    If it comes out too "olivey" its becauser my damn oven can't hold a constant temperature. I put the figure in my oven at 170 degrees fahrenheit (about 75C?) to speed up the drying time, but my oven temp wanders between 140-220!.

Bill