1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

Bill and Bullseye

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by T-34/85, Mar 4, 2013.

1. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Ok, this is my attempt to make a scene for the excellent Bill Sikes sculpt. The base is a two piece resin affair that I picked up from the now extinct, Three Guyz Hobbies, out of Buffalo NY. The barrels are from Armand Bayardi and the rats from Plus models. Very early on and any and all observations/suggestions are welcome.
    004.JPG 005.JPG
    Del, I took your advice and moved bill closer to his dog, (no picture of that yet) a whole lot better, thanks
    gforceman, Mark S, Mac1966 and 3 others like this.
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Will follow with interest, I've got 1/100 but I might well be the last to put paint to it.
    The groundwork gives loads of opportunities to set the scene, a couple of old newspaper sheets up against the barrels
    might work well.
    Cheers
    Derek
  3. housecarl Forum Moderator

United-Kingdom
    The rats don't look far off scale wise Tom.
    Look forwards to the next update,
    Carl.(y)
  4. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    "With me Jimmy in me hand
    Let me see the man who dares. . . "

Well done, will follow with interest.
    And, . . . Oh yes, the lyrics above are from the
    London Musical Oliver . . . from so so many
    years ago. . . . sigh. . . :depressed: The Miami Jayhawk
  5. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great job,the scene looks great,I will definately be adding something extra to mine as I think it cries out for that bit of something extra,I'll have to get the DVD out for some inspiration,congratulations,will be following with interest,

Brian
  6. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks guys, Del, I found some 19th century looking posters and newsprint, thanks again (y) Carl, the rats were the closest I could find, and I aready had them so that made it easy.:) Brian, the DVD thing is something I definately need to do, Thanks. Jayhawk, funny you mentioned that quote. Old Bill here did a headless header off my bench. It broke the back end of his, "jimmy" off and I contemplated for a moment that he looked more sinister in a way with the shortened version, but I put it right. Hopefully more progress soon.
  7. Mark S Guest

Great base, look forward to seeing the final piece.