1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Bikeriders-54mm original, painting

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Stephen Ward, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Hey guys. Painting has started on this one. Got the base coating started and blocking in some preliminary highlights as well as some of the details like the Iron Cross and the back insignia. More soon. Cheers, Stephen
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    dArtagnan, Steve, gordy and 1 other person like this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking good Stephen, it's cool to see non-mil pieces like this (y)
  3. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Gordy. They're fun to do even if they don't have camo ;)
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very true ;)
  5. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Started toning down the brightness of the pants with some weathering to make the jeans look worn & dirty. More when my apartment complex gets power back later...lots of power outages in Austin lately because of the wildfires. Cheers, Stephen
    [IMG]
    gordy likes this.
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work on the denims, Steve. What are your colour mixes ?
  7. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Base coat of Reaper Breonne Blue with Anti-Shine mixed in (quite a bit, Breonne comes out super shiny if not), then highlights with base + Sky Blue with a bit of Cork Brown mixed in. A little light flesh mixed into it for the highest ones, then glazes with Cork Brown with a bit of Sky Blue to 'fade' the front of the pants. More and more Cork Brown after that to dirty 'em up, all layered in real thin to build up the opacity.
  8. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you Stephen (y)
  9. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    A bit of progress guys. Got my bases from my friend Pete this morning so I got to work on the groundwork. I'll prime it this afternoon and get to painting. It's all finally coming together. Cheers, Stephen
    [IMG]
  10. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great work Stephen. He'd look good with a Harley.
    Carl.(y)
  11. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Carl. I debated doing a bike for this, a conversion of the old Tamiya Harley WL, but that'll be one for another time. I'm already planning on doing a 50's flat track bikerider as well, so that may fare best for the work required to rebuild that old kit.
  12. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The Miniart Harleys a nice kit too Stephen.
    Good starting point.
    Carl.
  13. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    That's what I've heard dude. The reviews seem like it's worth picking up, and the assemblies look pretty complex which is good since I'll have to rebuild the frame to match that of a flat track racer like one of the old Harleys or BSA's.
  14. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Almost done

Got groundwork painted, and some work left on the wall to blend things together and weather it down a bit more. Then the hands, helmet, and cleaning up some tiny details...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]