1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Big creature from times long gone....

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ferris, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Hi All,

I was doubting whether this is something to put on a forum about figures, but since it has two legs and walks I decided it was close enough to fit... It's a slightly converted Tamiya Tyranosaurus rex (changed the neck so that it stares at a target and added more lethal teeth) in a Cretacious setting.

Hope you like it.

Adrian

Attached Files:

2. Ferris A Fixture

Some more pictures

Attached Files:

3. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Adrian,
    Nicely done and welcome.
    Cheers
    John
  4. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice.

Joe
  5. rusty nail Active Member

United-States
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Adrian,
    Nice job. The markings on the Rex, different to what you usually see but quite realistic. the ground work is also great, capturing the size of the dinosaur well. love it.
    Ben
  7. sirhogr Member

Greece
    Great work Adrian! Congrats.
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very niely done Adrian! Keep 'em comin', and thanks for posting!

Jay H.
  9. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Nicely done, Adrian! I like your choice for the markings, not too wild, like some illustrators may depict, but more realistic, I think, like a large predator that needs some concealment.

How did you do they eyes?

I have this kit in my stash, and it's great to see what can be made from it.

Prosit!
    Brad
  10. Ferris A Fixture

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your positive comments!

Brad,

I painted the eyes as a copy of crocodile eyes, becaues I liked their aggressive look. I did this one some time ago, but I think they were painted with Humbrol enamels. First a rather dark green base. On this I painted progressively lighter shades (towards a cold, pale green) in a stippling manner, keeping the spherical shape of the eyeballs in mind. Then I painted the pupil first in a very pale green, and second in black, making sure a sliver of the pale green remains at the edges. I finished off with a generous coat of high gloss varnish, deliberately spilling a bit on the eyelids.

Hope this helps!

Adrian
  11. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Adrian, a change from the norm. I like the saliva and ground work, nice touches.
  12. Ferris A Fixture

Thanks,

By the way the saliva is stretched (clear) sprue, attached and finished off with high gloss clear acrylic resin. Real easy and fun to do!
    Groundwork was done as described with my roman signifer (in 'new to figures forum').

Adrian